jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your impression of the new books/movie The Hunger Games?

1. TripleAMom profile image86
    TripleAMomposted 5 years ago

What is your impression of the new books/movie The Hunger Games?

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago

The images of Katniss running forever through the film with both peer killers and reality show sponsors breathing down her neck in a future decade reflect life today. Among peer pressure, bullying, discrimination and competition for good schools and jobs, life is an inordinate war. read more

3. nuttyforbuffalo profile image60
    nuttyforbuffaloposted 5 years ago

I just finished the books and plan on seeing the movie when it comes out. The books were very good they are an easy read and the story sucks you in. They are also more intense than what i thought they were going to be. They are really nothing like twilight so i don't get the comparisons people make. I've heard good things about the movie so far, and it is suppose to live up to the hype. So if your new to hunger games i'd maybe suggest see the movie this weekend and if it your type of thing pick up the books, you could really finish all three in a week no problem.

4. TripleAMom profile image86
    TripleAMomposted 5 years ago

Appreciate the feedback nuttyforbuffalo.  I am also trying to discern whether it is appropriate for my 12 year old daughter who really wants to read it and says of course, "All my friends are reading it". 

Any opinions on this from anyone as well?

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I  have not seen the movies but have read all of the books and loved them.  They are extremely violent though with graphic killing scenes with multiple creative methods of offing someone - since Katniss has to survive the hunger games by staying alive.  I think 12 might be too young for them.

6. oldersister profile image82
    oldersisterposted 5 years ago

Triple A mom.  I know how difficult it is when your child's friends are all seeing the movie, My suggestion is to watch it with her so you two can talk about it.  All her friends will be talking about it in front of her anyway.  Best she sees it with you

working