jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What do you think is the saddest song of all time?

1. AwesomeRob profile image74
    AwesomeRobposted 5 years ago

What do you think is the saddest song of all time?

2. poet83 profile image82
    poet83posted 5 years ago

"My Immortal" by Evanescence. To me her voice and the music capture a sense of sadness that almost overwhelms you. It is a very said song yet beautiful as well, as oftentimes the saddest songs are also the most beautiful.

3. Khal Blogo profile image61
    Khal Blogoposted 5 years ago

It has to be Metallica's "One". I can't think of any other.

4. Catzgendron profile image73
    Catzgendronposted 5 years ago

The song that comes to mind is, Tears in Heaven, especially knowing that Eric Clapton wrote that to help deal with the death of his son.

5. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 5 years ago

"Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers. The song would get to me as a child and it still gets to me in my adult life. It's a beautiful song. Doesn't have to be sad but it certainly can get me a little emotional depending on where I hear it.

6. Lisas-thoughts101 profile image59
    Lisas-thoughts101posted 5 years ago

'He stopped loving her today'  by George Jones......... that song has made me cry since I was a little girl... Though I have to concur with Cat that it is so sad knowing why Clapton wrote Tears in Heaven and my heart aches for him every time I hear that song.

7. fly2freedom profile image57
    fly2freedomposted 5 years ago

Vincent by Don McLean is one of the saddest and most beautiful songs I have heard. It's about Vincent Van Gogh and how he took his life.

8. LoisRyan13903 profile image83
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

This song has no words to it-as far as I know.  But it is "Taps"  I have been to too many military funderals.