jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the saddest song you've ever heard?

1. nmdonders profile image84
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

What is the saddest song you've ever heard?

2. Eranofu profile image78
    Eranofuposted 5 years ago

Hedwig And The Angry Inch - Origin Of Love

3. afunda profile image83
    afundaposted 5 years ago

Probably Old Man by Neil Young. It's mostly due to the tone of the song, Neil's voice, lyrics...though...it's still one of my favorite songs of all time.

4. B Lucy profile image60
    B Lucyposted 5 years ago

"I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt.

5. Derek Slark profile image81
    Derek Slarkposted 5 years ago

We had just left our daughter in her little room, on her own, in London, as she began her nurses training. A friend had already been through this with their daughter, and warned us not to turn the car radio on as we travelled home. We were already feeling upset as we left her and, forgetting what our friend had said, we turned on the radio to give us something else to think about.

We should have listened to our friend because a song called “Butterfly Kisses” sung by Cliff Richard came on (This was a cover version). The song is about a little girl and her changing relationship with her father as she grows up, and eventually becomes a woman and leaves home.

A few years later when our daughter got married, she had this song playing as she walked up the aisle. So what was our saddest song ever now brings some great memories.

Butterfly Kisses was a sad song for personal reasons, but, purely for the lyrics, "Luka" by Suzanne Vega is probably on of the saddest songs I have heard as it is about child abuse, and there is no happy ending to the song.

6. flashmakeit profile image69
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

Gloomy sunday
    http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/331712
    Billie Holiday Gloomy Sunday Lyrics
    Sunday is gloomy,
    My hours are slumberless
    Dearest the shadows
    I live with are numberless
    Little white flowers
    Will never awaken you
    Not where the black coach of
    Sorrow has taken you
    Angels have no thought
    Of ever returning you
    Would they be angry
    If I thought of joining you?

7. AfricaGurl profile image58
    AfricaGurlposted 5 years ago

well, 'Glitter in the Air" by Pink when I first heard it made me cry, but at that time I was going through a break up so its understandable..
    But the saddest song that I know about is, 'Who Painted the Moon Black?' by Nia Nell, a South African artist, this song was about a girl who had gotten raped and her feelings, its very symbolic in the lyrics so you wouldn't really know what the song is about unless you did research about it.

working