jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you listen to any music when writing a blog?

1. MelChi profile image82
    MelChiposted 6 years ago

Do you listen to any music when writing a blog?

For me, it depends on the theme of the article or blog - but, I usually like to have something upbeat in the background.

2. Dina Blaszczak profile image91
    Dina Blaszczakposted 6 years ago

Sometimes I do.  For example when I was writing my hub about Tarja Turunen I did listen to her songs to get into the mood.

3. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 6 years ago

No, I try to concentrate on what I am doing. I would for sure get distracted with it!

4. TheHeavyReview profile image72
    TheHeavyReviewposted 6 years ago

I always listen to music while writing blog entries simply because I write music related articles.  When I write an album review, I generally listen to the album.  Even when a reread a review just before publishing, I like to put on the album that I'm reviewing.

5. spartucusjones profile image93
    spartucusjonesposted 6 years ago

Any of my hubs here have been music related, so out of necessity I'm watching and listening to You Tube music clips as part of my research.

But even when I'm doing non music related writing, I like to have music playing in the background. To me the sound of silence can be very distracting. I need something going on in the background to help keep me focus.

6. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 6 years ago

I usually write with something on in the background, usually a low level binaural beat file in my headphones, or I'll have some of my favorite bands on a low volume. Sometimes the music can inspire you to continue writing and you end up doing another blog on top of the one you started.

7. poet83 profile image83
    poet83posted 6 years ago

Interestingly enough, I don't like to have music playing when I'm writing. Don't get me wrong, music is one of my passions but I get too lost in the music and can't concentrate on the writing!

8. vparker profile image61
    vparkerposted 6 years ago

Normally, I do not listen to music when I am writing an article. However, I do give myself breaks where  I listen to music via Itunes or watch music videos on YouTube.When I do listen to music its usually whatever mood I'm in : happy and fun --- club music, rebellious ---  hard rock, grunge or rebel grrl rock.

working