Do you see any Christian symbolism hidden in the movie "Hunger Games"?

1. giopski profile image60
    giopskiposted 6 years ago

Do you see any Christian symbolism hidden in the movie "Hunger Games"?

It would seem debatable if this movie could really address certain political or even religious issues.  If it does, I think it would be best to point out its political/religious undertones by highlighting its symbols.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6409946_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Lisa Catherineposted 6 years ago

I guess Katniss Everdeen could be seen as a Christ-like figure because she inspires the people to live a different and better life and to rebel against the totalitarian and brutal authority of the Capitol in Panem.

The mockingjay symbol in itself is comparable to the cross symbol of the Christians. It's a symbol of Katniss' philosophy of standing up for what is good and right just as Christian's wear the cross as a symbol of devotion to the ways of Christ. 

I think that the next two movies will have more symbolism contained in them than this one has though.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No, I think it is a work of fiction, directly from the mind of the story's creator, Suzanne Collins. 

Symbolism is something we can find anywhere but it doesn't necessarily mean that the author intended it that way.

working