jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Do you think Hollywood has bad Kharma?

1. JT Walters profile image77
    JT Waltersposted 5 years ago

Do you think Hollywood has bad Kharma?

2. wowsite1234 profile image60
    wowsite1234posted 5 years ago

I do think it does, but I think most of it comes from main stream media.

JT Waltersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Okay thank you for your response.  That is something to think about!!

3. hpedneau profile image75
    hpedneauposted 5 years ago

I do not. Hollywood started out rough, to say the least. Wages were extremely low and hours were long. Each of the main studios essentially owned the stars and also owned the movie theaters. They produced mass amounts of films and some of the most famous stars from the early era were told who to date, what to eat and what to wear. Thankfully the courts ruled that the film studios had to choose- between their studios and their theaters. Obviously they chose the studios. We as patrons may complain about the cost of films, but we still go to movies, still buy DVD's/Blu Rays and watch television.

Not all of us are patrons of the movies some of us barely watch TV but prefer to read scientific journals and improve ourselves.  But we are a diverse world I am certain there is room enough for all of us.  90 million dollars for 3 months work?

2. hpedneau profile image75
      hpedneauposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I just think if you're going to assess the "Kharma" of Hollywood you have to understand the history. Making millions doesn't automatically cause bad "kharma." The industry is about entertaining and we pay them to do so, just like writers.

3. JT Walters profile image77

What writer is paid 90 million dollars for 3 months work and then dodges paying taxes?  I think Clay Aiken's appearance on Bib Scheiffer summons up what I hate about Hollywood. Uneducated over paid know it alls welfare babies of China.

4. hpedneau profile image75
      hpedneauposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm trying really hard to follow your logic and all I see is this: making millions of dollars in a short amount of time equates to bad "kharma." What about Mark Zuckerberg? It's been 8 short years and he's valued at Billions.

5. JT Walters profile image77

Zuckerberg isn't sell children into military service and war.  And he actually is skilled. I am certain Zuckerberg would be offend being compared to being as skilled as a Hollywod actor. Hollywood should fight the wars they make.

working