jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you play the lottery?

1. NayNay2124 profile image73
    NayNay2124posted 6 years ago

Do you play the lottery?

2. Skarlet profile image86
    Skarletposted 6 years ago

I play sporadically. I keep telling myself to buy one every week though. If you don;t play, you can't win.

3. profile image0
    eric-d-agustinposted 6 years ago

Sorry, I don't play a game of chance. ): I work for what I earn. (:

4. SidKemp profile image93
    SidKempposted 6 years ago

no. The lottery is gambling, which means, overall, far more people lose, than win. And gambling is an addiction? Would I even want to win, knowing that the money I received was taken from people who need it, but are addicted and letting their money drain away?

Further, the lottery is a regressive tax. It is a technique for convincing poor people to pay for state government so that rich people pay fewer taxes. How fair is that?

Consider these points:
    - most people who win big in the lottery end up bankrupt, because they don't know how to manage the money.
    - rich people don't buy lottery tickets
    - poor people don't become rich through the lottery

There are many better things to do with your (hard-earned, I hope) dollars than to buy lottery tickets.

5. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 6 years ago

No. I think it's just a waste of money. If you saved all the cash you spent on tickets, think how much cash you would have.

But it's all about the dream that you might just win it one day.....

6. prettynutjob30 profile image91
    prettynutjob30posted 6 years ago

I have played the lottery before,I just don't make a habit of wasting money I can't afford to lose on money that I more than likely will never win.

7. pearlmacb profile image71
    pearlmacbposted 6 years ago

NO. I understand that in most things in life "you need to be in it, to win it" but seriously you are at a greater loss with lottery.

8. profile image0
    Sueswanposted 6 years ago

I play the lottery with a friend. We each spend $3.00 a week.

9. BlissfulWriter profile image74
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

No, because the statistics are against me.  Yes, sometimes I fall into peer pressure and chip into the lottery pool.  But I don't expect to win anything from playing.  Just following the crowd.

10. rave1432 profile image61
    rave1432posted 6 years ago

Nope, I just give them money for picking random numbers and help college kids pay for school.

working