jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)

Have you ever bought a cheap movie and enjoyed watching it?

1. flashmakeit profile image71
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

Have you ever bought a cheap movie and enjoyed watching it?

2. Nightmarephantom profile image78
    Nightmarephantomposted 5 years ago

That's one of the reasons I love netflix so much, it gives me the opportunity to watch really cheap movies that I wouldn't have paid to watch otherwise.  I usually end up enjoying them too.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I buy cheap movies all the time!! I scrounge in dollar stores, bargain bins and thrift stores for weird, obscure action/horror/sci-fi films from the 60s, 70s and 80s, then write about my finds in my Hub series "It Came From the Bargain Bin!"

4. profile image0
    Jayfortposted 5 years ago

Yep! Three examples include The Rat Pack, My Chaffeur, and Ice Pirates.

5. Victoria Anne profile image96
    Victoria Anneposted 5 years ago

Yes! My sister, brother, and I were at the movie store a few years back and ending up picking up "The Hills Run Red". It looked pretty terrible from the case but it ended up being decent. I've seen it a few times since then and I could see it having a cult following.

6. ServerFilme profile image64
    ServerFilmeposted 5 years ago

Yes, if a movie is cheap doesn't mean that isn't a good movie. You can watch trailer first. Good question!

7. vikashkumar profile image60
    vikashkumarposted 5 years ago

No i never tried this, I never had such kind of experience.

8. barry1001 profile image60
    barry1001posted 5 years ago

I love cheap movies, they have a certain charm that can only be found in low budget films, especially zombie movies!!

"Jayfort" below mentioned Ice Pirates.  I remember seeing that movie years ago!!!

9. Radikum profile image61
    Radikumposted 5 years ago

All the time! The best one I seen recently was "Tucker and Dale vs. Evil" Brilliant satire and shockingly funny.

1. Victoria Anne profile image96
      Victoria Anneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I love that movie! I was browsing through obscure horror films and found it, it was hilarious. We seem to have a very similar taste in movies smile

10. Derek Ober profile image59
    Derek Oberposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6780285_f260.jpg

Yes, I bought this movie called Magma. It was actually extremely enjoyable to laugh at the horrid special effects.

11. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Of coure. Some of the best movies were bought in the Walmart $5-7 bin.

12. Cardia profile image93
    Cardiaposted 5 years ago

Yes, all the time! When I went to Puerto Rico last year, Walgreens had some movies that were $3 each. I bought three:
    -a Mexican comedy called Charm School
    - a comedy with Larry the Cable Guy called 'Delta Farce' (this is HILARIOUS)
    -an HBO movie called Subway Stories which has ten stories that happened in NYC subways and trains.

I wasn't expecting much, but the back covers sounded good, and I ended up watching all of them over and over again!
    Sometimes it's nice to watch low-budget movies instead of the blockbusters all the time.

1. Radikum profile image61
      Radikumposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"Delta Farce" was surprisingly funny.I particularly do not care for Larry the Cable Guy, but this was amusing.

working