jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you also like or enjoy listening to music composed in a language you don't co

1. Anjili profile image81
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

Do you also like or enjoy listening to music composed in a language you don't comprehend?

I really love the way Kreol / Zouk music sounds, and yet I can't make head or tail of the language. I find it interesting, relaxing, rhythmical, entertaining, extraordinary, rich in vibe and very well composed. Harmony is seriously taken care of here. Do you feel the same about other music?

2. Shinkicker profile image96
    Shinkickerposted 5 years ago

Absolutely. I love Italian Rock and Pop Music.

3. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

It depends on the type of music, but yes I do enjoy listening to music in other languages.  They say music is universal and it does prove to be when it comes to some types such as classical.

4. Miss Lil' Atlanta profile image87
    Miss Lil' Atlantaposted 5 years ago

Yes, I most definitely do! I especially enjoy listening to French music, and I do at least a few times a week. That being said I do speak a bit of French, but I wouldn't really say that I can "comprehend" it all that much.

5. The 1 Consultant profile image61
    The 1 Consultantposted 5 years ago

Yes, I enjoy the sound of music from a foreign country. Especially Spanish and Creole artists. The sound of the beats and the lyrics can take you away and make your body move involuntary of itself.

6. profile image0
    mjkearnposted 5 years ago

Funny I spent a little time in France and Italy and regularly listen to artists in these languages. I have a little French and less Italian and don't hear the words in the music but I still enjoy them,

7. Alexander Mark profile image84
    Alexander Markposted 5 years ago

I love listening to Indian music - some of the pop stuff and some of the older more traditional stuff - but my knowledge is extremely limited, I just enjoy it when I hear it. That and Celtic music.

8. Suzie HQ profile image95
    Suzie HQposted 5 years ago

Absolutely, i am a big fan of Italian rock, classical and ballads by various artists, much of which i don't understand! I also love some haunting music i have which is native american.

9. shiningirisheyes profile image60
    shiningirisheyesposted 5 years ago

Yes - and the first thing that came to mind - My sisters boyfriend is from India and he played some awesome music for me.