jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What makes you want to watch a movie?

1. bernard.sinai profile image81
    bernard.sinaiposted 5 years ago

What makes you want to watch a movie?

What makes you want to watch a movie? Is it the actors? Is it the director? Is the title? Is it the genre?

For me it’s a combination of the actor, genre and title. If the my favorite actor stars in a title that I like in the genre that I love – then it’s a must see.

2. Rod Marsden profile image76
    Rod Marsdenposted 5 years ago

Something that's a bit different or is based on a novel I have read and really liked.

3. Dreamlin profile image78
    Dreamlinposted 5 years ago

First, the storyline has to be intriguing. A solid story can create a star. However, a famous star can’t save a poorly constructed movie. The director is next. His/her vision will decide the tone of the movie. Cinematography is also important (such is the case of The Lord of the Rings. the story is well known. The first thing that grasps my attention is the breathtaking cinematography.) Finally, the actors and actresses’ acting ability, it will decide how many times I want to re-watch a movie.

4. profile image53
    ColetteDD2posted 5 years ago

Good actors and story plus humor are just about unbeatable.  Add a touch of well placed/proportional special effects and resistance is futile!   Colette, Denver, CO

5. LensMan999 profile image54
    LensMan999posted 5 years ago

Most of the people watch movies for the sake of entertainment. I love to watch movies with a wonderful story that touches our heart. According to me a movie should have something good to tell to the society

6. elenagarcia profile image77
    elenagarciaposted 5 years ago

It has to have a strong cast, be lead by a good director, and have a good story.  I have a favorite genre, but I can really go see anything that has those three elements in it.  I can pretty much tell by the previews, most of the time, whether a movie is worth going to see for me.  Usually, when you see all the best parts of the movie, and most of the story, in the preview, then that's pretty much it for the movie.

working