jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is the best time of the day to learn to play a musical instrument?

1. MargaritaEden profile image75
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

What is the best time of the day to learn to play a musical instrument?

2. Music-and-Art-45 profile image95
    Music-and-Art-45posted 5 years ago

The best time of the day to practice usually depends on your personal clock.  In order to get the most out of your practicing you need to be relaxed and focused.

So in regards to what time of day is best for practicing, that needs to be at a time of the day when you are not absorbed into your own thoughts, this keeps you relaxed, and it needs to be at a time of day when you have the energy in order to remain focused. 

For me personally I find the morning and the middle of the evening to be the two best practice times because that's when I'm relaxed and not too tired. However, there are times where I've found myself practicing at different times then those, too.  It all comes back to your personal clock.

3. Rosana Modugno profile image83
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

I would say whenever your neighbors aren't asleep.  smile

4. securityproducts3 profile image40
    securityproducts3posted 5 years ago

I love to play in the dead of the night. Something about it just seems more accessible to submerge myself in the music.

5. smeyerz profile image58
    smeyerzposted 5 years ago

I always play in the morning because that is when I am most alert, and able to focus and retain what I have learned. But maybe that is just me.

6. ChitrangadaSharan profile image54
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years ago

Mornings are great to learn anything, same is true for musical instruments. You are fresh and your energy levels are high. This is what I think. But there are people who can not get up early and they wake up only to rush to their workplace. In that case, it would have to be in the evening, after coming back from work. In any case, you need to have a relaxed mind to learn and enjoy your music lesson.

7. faith_love_hope32 profile image60
    faith_love_hope32posted 5 years ago

The best time of day is when you have time because only you know when you'll have time.  Everyone's schedules are different.  I would also imagine it would be best if you were alert.  Maybe morning or early afternoon?  I would love to learn to play the piano one day and played the clarinet when I was younger.

8. jemmamcg profile image59
    jemmamcgposted 5 years ago

Definitely during the afternoon - you don't want to wake anyone up. smile

9. miyagi714 profile image38
    miyagi714posted 5 years ago

Around two o'clock. At that time, your brain and body will be at its most alert. You will have a solid breakfast and lunch to feed off and you will retain a lot more information at this time of the day.

working