jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can movies change people's lives? Have any movies changed your life?

1. Der Meister profile image70
    Der Meisterposted 5 years ago

Can movies change people's lives? Have any movies changed your life?

2. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

I believe the right kind of movie, most certainly. I love documentaries. I put a lot of stock into documentaries, when they're done right and their facts are correct. There's usually something artistic about a way a movie is done, and if it can alter the way I view things, and make me think, then it is well done.
    There are of course fictional movies which can change your perspective on the world. A really good one for the was Tidelands. It was a beautifully messed up movie, but it made me look differently at the world.
    The Laramie Project was one that really deeply effectively, and strengthened my stance on human equality, and made me participate more fiercely where I can.

3. nmdonders profile image83
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

I agree with ThompsonPen in that the right kind of movie could definitely change your life.  Certain movies have absolutely brilliant polts, acting, themes and so forth, as well as important messages.

They can open your mind to new ways of thinking and possibly get you to believe in things you never would have.  Some movies can also be truley inspiring.  Some movies can make you think twice about your current situation.  For instance, after viewing the hardships of others, you may not feel so sorry for yourself.

I would say that there have been several movies that have made an impact on my life, the way i think, and the beliefs I have.  I can't think of all of them but some of the films would include The Life of David Gale, The Lovely Bones, Schindler's List, and Philadelphia.  Not the best list but what I can come up with at the moment smile

4. MikeR1 profile image76
    MikeR1posted 5 years ago

They certainly can.  For me it is a lot of times having a particular movie in mind depending on an activity I am doing or interaction with others.  I may think of how the character in the movie would react to the situation.  Would I do the same thing.  A movie can influence the type of car you buy, your speech, how you handle yourself.  There are several films that contain characters that I can relate to and I think about them at different times and there is some influence from them in things I do.  It is probably more the characters in the movie than the film itself.  A few films to mention are Star Wars (Han Solo), Salem's Lot, Phantasm and their lead characters that have had some influence on me.

5. azharsid profile image60
    azharsidposted 5 years ago

A very well made movie, right to the plot and focusing on a msg can surely bring about a change. I agree with all the 3 answers above. Yes movies just change the way you look yourself. A person thinks about being in the boots of his favorite  character and trying to imitate it. Movies certainly change lives......

6. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

Yes, Good Will Hunting changed my life in an unexpected way that I'd rather not talk about, but because of that movie I had a breakthrough....and it was amazing.

working