jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Given the choice how much would you pay for a full album download?

1. lukecore profile image83
    lukecoreposted 5 years ago

Given the choice how much would you pay for a full album download?

I'm planning to release an album before the end of the year on my own, so just gauging opinion!

2. Sunshine625 profile image94
    Sunshine625posted 5 years ago

$9.99 is the most I've ever paid. Any album download priced higher than that I would just purchase in a retail store, since it would be cheaper.

3. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 5 years ago

It really depends on the content of the album and how popular the artist.  I would pay up to $12 for one of my favorite artists but for some unknown, especially if there is no buzz, I might be willing to pay $3 or $4 and then only if it were a digital download.

4. gypsumgirl profile image86
    gypsumgirlposted 5 years ago

Depending on the band, I would pay up to $12.00 for a full album.

5. KathyH profile image95
    KathyHposted 5 years ago

It depends on the group or individual, but $12 is usually about as high as I go. I love finding an album for around $8 to $10 though, that always feels kind of like a "bonus!"

6. msLarayne profile image70
    msLarayneposted 5 years ago

I think about $8-$15 is a good range.  It depends on how long it is.  For artists first establishing themselves you could also try just using the suggestion method.  You'll often find that the amount you were looking to get for your project will be about the same using the suggested "donation" method.  Good luck!

7. lukecore profile image83
    lukecoreposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback so far ladies and gentlemen. Bandcamp's default price is £7 ($12) and I figured that would be too much, whereas £5 ($8) seems more reasonable (50p per track, cheaper than iTunes/Amazon) especially for an unestablished artist.

1. lukecore profile image83
      lukecoreposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I decided on £3 (about $5ish I think). You can buy it here if you are interested! http://lukechant.bandcamp.com/album/clouds-keep-us-warm

working