jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Really sad films?

1. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 5 years ago

Really sad films?

I am looking for a really sad film to watch. I'd prefer if it were more modern. I really loved Jack Frost (I know its slightly older but I'm looking for that kind of film). Does anybody have any suggestions?

2. safiq ali patel profile image74
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

I still think that the film bodyguard was quiet sad. And now with Whitney Houston gone from us you're sure to need your handkerchief to cry into while listening to the really sad ballets that are part of the film.

1. Li Galo profile image77
      Li Galoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

** ballads (not ballets)

Yes, that was a good movie.  Not over the top sad but still sad.

3. innerspin profile image91
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

I've heard that The Notebook is really sad, but haven't seen it myself. Crying at films isn't one of my favourite things. There are a couple that have taken me by surprise, like An Officer and a Gentleman. I've watched it loads of times now, but have to leave the room for part of it, it's sooooo upsetting! Gran Torino floored me as well. Gulp. They're not completely sad, but parts of them reduce me to tears.

1. sleepylog profile image95
      sleepylogposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is definitely very sad, particularly at the end. I won't say why though, but it will make you cry.

4. sleepylog profile image95
    sleepylogposted 5 years ago

There is an Indian film I watched a few times, it's called Water. It will have English subtitles. It's about the plight of widows in India and set around the time of Gandhi's rise to power.

5. vikkijov profile image60
    vikkijovposted 5 years ago

Ghost is the really saddest, with Patrick Swazye and Demi Moore.

6. lupine profile image72
    lupineposted 5 years ago

A very sad movie is "The Color Purple", you must see it, if you haven't already. Also "Avatar" has some really sad parts.

7. Li Galo profile image77
    Li Galoposted 5 years ago

Schindler's List - wow, intensely powerful and sad, too.  A movie about Poland and the Jews during the Nazi reign, based on the actual events (based on a real guy named Schindler and the people he effected).  It was directed by Steven Spielberg and it won 7 Oscars and 70 other awards... That's how good it is.

working