jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do you like being centre stage or back stage?

1. innerspin profile image91
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

Do you like being centre stage or back stage?

Some people prefer the limelight while others are happier behind the scenes. How about you?

2. multiculturalsoul profile image84
    multiculturalsoulposted 5 years ago

Yes to both, and I don't have a split personality.

When I'm teaching English or presenting at author's conferences, I like the limelight. I suppose I like it because I feel qualified to speak and be heard. Applause is always nice, too.

In real life (whatever that is), I prefer to stay behind the scenes and make sure family, home, vehicles, etc. are running smoothly.

I guess that makes me a stagehand who wants the spotlight on him occasionally.

3. duffsmom profile image62
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I dream of being the kind of person that can and will take center stage. But quite honestly while I want to be that way, I am uncomfortable with a lot of attention on me, so I have to admit to being a backstage kind of girl.

4. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 5 years ago

I must admit to being a 'centre stage' person.  I wasn't always like that.  As a young man, and up to about the age of thirty-five I'd have been a person who preferred to be behind the scenes.   I guess I swung from being introverted to what I consider to be a much healthier balance, one who is quite happy to be alone and doing one's own thing, and also being centre stage.

My natural tendency towards creative writing enhanced the 'behind the scenes' person, whilst my introduction to public speaking (via Toastmasters, Evening Colleges, Rostrum et cetera) created in me a confidence which grew until I loved to be in the 'lime light.'

Today, I love standing centre stage addressing a big audience. Yet, I still feel comfortable being alone with myself as company.

1. innerspin profile image91
      innerspinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Interesting transition. Thanks for the answer.