jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How would you select music if you were preparing for a party?

1. midget38 profile image91
    midget38posted 5 years ago

How would you select music if you were preparing for a party?

2. Troy C. profile image61
    Troy C.posted 5 years ago

Just considered the guest list, the theme of the party and the mood you want to set.

3. Lor's Stories profile image61
    Lor's Storiesposted 5 years ago

I would look at the ages of people who were coming to the party.
    If they were all my age I'd pick that decades popular hits.
    If its a mix I'd just play music from their generation.

Or let them bring their own music!

4. tom_caton profile image80
    tom_catonposted 5 years ago

First off, nothing too forte.

Then consider the sort of people likely to be attending, are they even going to be listening to the music? Dancing? Is the party itself part of a celebration of something to do with music?

For example; In an Irish bar i used to work in I made two playlists for St. Patricks day, one for the "All age" crowd that expected to see early on in the day - which included alot of Irish Trad. and 90's/early 00's Irish chart music - and one for the younger crowd I expected to see later on in the evening, this one was a blend of lively current chart music, Irish Trad. and modern interpretations of Irish Trad. (in a variety of genres ranging from dance to pop-punk).

Both went down pretty well but I certainly couldn't have mixed the timings of the playlists; Drunken Lullabies by Flogging Molly just wouldn't have worked with the older crowd.

5. janetwrites profile image84
    janetwritesposted 5 years ago

It really depends on the guest list and the topic of the party.

6. The Reminder profile image75
    The Reminderposted 5 years ago

Depends on what is the age of the people who will attend. Or simply take the Top 40 on the radio. That way you can get a mix of everything

7. mayank147 profile image78
    mayank147posted 5 years ago

While selecting music it totally depends on the type of party, guest list, and many other factors.
    if the party is of kids then you must have to play songs that cheers the kids, if the topic of the party is weeding then weeding songs selected and if the guest list contains old peoples then soft music must be selected.

working