jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (31 posts)

Do you like my cat. I made it using MS paint it took about 5 minutes.

1. molometer profile image86
    molometerposted 4 years ago

Do you like my cat. I made it using MS paint it took about 5 minutes.

Would you like to see this cat character in an animated cartoon version? I was thinking about Walt Disney when I created it. He doodled Mickey Mouse in about the same time.
    It hasn't got a name or sex as yet.
    Any suggestions for a name and sex would be interesting. I may make an cartoon animation from it. Your suggestions would be more than welcome.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7831774_f260.jpg

2. Tinsky profile image94
    Tinskyposted 4 years ago

I love it. Though it could probably do with a 'X" for a nose and some whiskers.  It's amazing what you can do and create with programs like paint!

molometerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks tinsky for two great ideas. I hadn't even noticed. Dooh! lol

3. Toytasting profile image69
    Toytastingposted 4 years ago

Molometer, I must say you have a creative mind. The cat is really interesting. My little one suggests you name the cat "Blueberry" wink
    All he best on making it a cartoon animation!

What a great idea. I like it a lot. Tell your little one that  'Blueberry' is in first place position as the name for this little cat.

2. Daisy Mariposa profile image87
      Daisy Mariposaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Blueberry is a great name for the cat!

3. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I LOVE your cat he/she has personality plus!  Great cartoon for sure and I bet you could take this far.

4. justom profile image68
    justomposted 4 years ago

He/she looks good but I don't think Walt has anything to worry about :-) A nose and some whiskers, as suggested and the name, Bonkers. Good luck with the animation!  Peace!!  Tom

Ha ha thank you justom. That tickled me. Move over Walt...Not!

5. Daisy Mariposa profile image87
    Daisy Mariposaposted 4 years ago

Michael,

I saw your tweet of this question a few minutes ago, and I simply had to click over here to reply.

I have a degree in Fine Arts and am certified to teach all art subjects in Kindergarten through the 12th grade (age five to age 18). I would give your drawing an "A" (100%). There's something about it which makes me smile.

That face is crying for animation! It would be so easy to create an animated film using Flash. I definitely think you should pursue the project.

Daisy your wish is my command. I do like this little character too. Thank you for the 'A' it is much appreciated and from such an esteemed colleague.

6. aviannovice profile image90
    aviannoviceposted 4 years ago

He looks like a Cat-Man-Doo-Doo to me.  Whatever choice you come up with, I want to see his adventures.  Mickey evolved from his original state, I think, so this guy could well metamorphose as well.

I totally agree. It is a work in progress just like us. smile

7. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 4 years ago

I think he is great and like Mickey all he needs is some personality and he will get that as your relationship to him grows. You should see some characters I have for a children's book I was writing. I didn't use them but they were the ones in my book in my mind and I keep them still, with love.

Hi Jackie, It would be so great to see your characters too. Why not create a article on them. Children's books are something that I am interested in doing too.

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well, that's an idea worth considering, thank you.

8. benashiraz profile image71
    benashirazposted 4 years ago

If only the eyes were a bit slender like a cat's. Anyways very cute. I love cats ^_^

Ha ha that's so funny and sweet. Thanks for the suggestion.

2. benashiraz profile image71
      benashirazposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's very adorable.Great..Well, round eyes make it look like a male kitty. and as goes for name, something starting from b (since the cat is blue) would go along it very nicely.When I look at this cat, the name Billy comes to my mind.It suits it alot

9. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 4 years ago

It is cute.
    I really don't know what else to say...the thing says my answer is too short...

Thanks for your answer. I don't think it's too short it must be the robots lol

10. Hariom Singhal profile image59
    Hariom Singhalposted 4 years ago

yes cat is beautiful but toung is not natural

Er! it's a cartoon!  : )
      what is a toung? btw

11. Acbethea profile image60
    Acbetheaposted 4 years ago

I like your cat.. I guess my concern would be if your cat likes me, looks like there could be other cats floating around in the head of his.

Just kidding I do like it.

Hi Acbethea,
      we haven't decided yet what sex the cat is just yet or settled on a name as yet. Any suggestions smile

12. molometer profile image86
    molometerposted 4 years ago

Just a little update. I have been working with my two grandchildren on the above cat character.
    I have been teaching them how to do some simple animation using a stickman program.
    It's coming along, but may be a little while before we have something to show you smile

We do like the suggestions that everyone has made and looks like we will settle on a variation on the name suggested by Toytasting's little one. 'Blueberry'
    We have gone with 'BlewBery' as a working title. 
    Watch this space. We will get there eventually.

13. brakel2 profile image83
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

Hi there  I love the cat and all the suggestions. The whiskers and the nose should work out. You are a real artist, and I never was good at art. I could get better, right? Good luck with this cute little drawing.

Haha Hello Brakel2, thank you for your lovely kind comment. I am pretty hopeless at anything artistic and just knocked this off in about 5 minutes. I do like it and the kids are all fired up about it. They have already written half a dozen stories.smile

14. Sunshine625 profile image93
    Sunshine625posted 4 years ago

This is one Cool and Crazy Cat, which would probably make it a male smile Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Hey Linda, we are still debating the sex of Blewbery at the moment. I may have to run a poll lol. I'm sure there are plenty of 'Cool and Crazy Cat' women out there haha!

2. Sunshine625 profile image93
      Sunshine625posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good point Michael, I know plenty of them! Haha! I didn't realize you had a name already...Blewbery...very clever!

working