jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How much TV do you watch?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image97
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

How much TV do you watch?

Do you have certain programs you hate to miss? Do you have the TV on as background noise? Do you watch it mainly for news or entertainment?

2. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 4 years ago

I wanted to veg for a while, took a chance, and turned it on…
    The dumbing down of America continues, and here is one example of straightforward idiocy:

Decided to watch one of those real-life buy-a-house shows.  Had to turn it off at the opening.  A young man was living with his girlfriend in her parents' basement. He's unhappy there because things like her father making his protein shakes in the mornings really bothers him. They plan to marry and want to buy a house.  She wants a house they can enjoy now and in the future.  He wants to start small because…drum roll…he's never depended on anyone and he doesn't want to have to ask for help buying a house he can't afford.  Something tells me that the potential father-in-law would be glad to help him move far, far away.

I guess we have a TV for emergencies…

3. KoraleeP profile image93
    KoraleePposted 4 years ago

For the last couple of years, I haven't watched a lot of TV. In the past I used to watch about 5 hours a day, but now I watch TV about 5 hours a week, and only Monday to Friday. I don't watch TV at all on the weekend.

I prefer to watch my shows on the internet though, if I can. Because there are few commercials, and I don't have the patience to sit through 5 minutes of commercials every 10 minutes lol. You can watch an hour long show in 40 minutes.

What turned me off TV was all the realty shows because they drive me nuts. They're so negative and full of contention and their priorities are messed up. In my opinion smile. However, I do like to watch the Apprentice (although sometimes it gets to be a bit much, it depends on who's on it) My favorites on the show are the ones who show how deeply passionate they are about their charities for example, Meatloaf. And the Amazing Race because I would love to go on the Amazing Race, but I can't because I'm Canadian. But, I don't watch every season.

Rookie Blue is a program, I cannot miss! and this summer Under the Dome was another one I really liked.  I also like Criminal Minds, Law and Order SVU and the Big Bang Theory.

I never have the TV on for background noise. I prefer listening to music.

I mainly get my world news from the internet, and watch the first ten or fifteen minutes of local news to get the highlights.

And that about sums up my TV watching smile

4. fastfreta profile image78
    fastfretaposted 4 years ago

Way, way too much. I watch news morning, noon, and night, and in between I watch HGTV programs, oh and I throw in a little network TV at night. I do not watch the faux reality shows. So I guess you would say I watch it for both, news and entertainment.

5. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 4 years ago

I watch a few movies a week and try not to spend too much watching television,

6. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

The only two shows I watch religiously are "The Simpsons" and "The Walking Dead."

I watch more movies than television shows. I usually watch a movie 3 or 4 nights out of any given week.

7. profile image0
    MysticMoonlightposted 4 years ago

I probably watch about 2 hours of TV a day most commonly. I do not watch news (too depressing) but I do have certain shows that I hate to miss. Some days I watch no TV at all. Also, I find that background TV noise is so distracting! One of my pet peeves!

8. AvineshP profile image62
    AvineshPposted 4 years ago

I only watch movies and comedy shows.... I try to limit myself and spend most of my time with my daughter.

9. parrster profile image86
    parrsterposted 4 years ago

Don't have a TV, joint decision with my wife 25 years ago when we married. Haven't missed it.

10. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

To me it is background noise.  I will be working on a hub or a sewing project and I will hear it in the background.  Usually it is my husband watching the show while I am going something else.  Most of the times I have already watched the show because it is usually an older show like MASH or the Golden Girls.  When I hear about a good show, I usually want to watch it from season one.  Right now I am watching LOST on my Kindle and when I am done I may try the Walking Dead.  We watch TV for both News and Entertainment

working