jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What is your opinion of "Archie Bunker"

1. chuckandus6 profile image75
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

What is your opinion of "Archie Bunker"

How do you view "Archie Bunker" from all in the family?Do you think he is funny, but don't agree with his none sense thinking? Do you love to hate him?Carol oconner was the opposite from this character in real life.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12374251_f260.jpg

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I loved his character.  I didn't agree with anything he stood for, but despite his incredibly flawed "thinking", in the end he'd almost always end up doing the right thing.  I think that show was an amazing depiction of how a lot of real people are.  We'd never get away with having a show like this again in our overly PC society, but I thought All in the Family was an incredible show and very edgy for its time.

chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

me too I liked him he made me laugh and Edith she was so funny and sweet.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12354054_f260.jpg

The character was likeable.  He was an irascible person who underneath had a heart of gold, especially for those he loved.  Of course, he was a bigot and male chauvinist who said some of the most inane things imaginable; however, in the end he was shown up for who he was.  I especially love the spar between he and the Jefferson brothers, Henry & George.  Henry gave Archie a run for his money.   George was a snap who gave as good as he got from Archie.  The real arch nemesis of Archie was Michael.  Michael sent Archie into an emotional tailspin each time he presented a logical point to counter the illogicality of Archie's point.   Yes, Carroll O' Connor was the diametric opposite of his character Archie Bunker.  He contended that Archie Bunker was a clueless bigot. Mr. O'Connor was in fact very liberal in his ideology.  Loved THAT show to death!  Boy, television was really TELEVISION back then!

Yes television has slowly declined I am watching shows before my time because they have class

4. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 2 years ago

He was funny as hell.  I enjoyed this show, All in the Family.

yes I agree even his expressions

working