jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Are reality shows getting carried away?

1. iggy7117 profile image81
    iggy7117posted 2 years ago

Are reality shows getting carried away?

They keep making new shows and some of them are ridiculous. Do you think they are getting carried away trying to find the next popular one?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I think these types of shows are cheaper to produce and for whatever reason, people tune into that garbage.  I've always hated "reality" shows, because they too are scripted.

I think it's like the proverbial trainwreck, people watch because you can't help but look.  Of course, this means they have to keep getting more ridiculous to keep people looking.  I miss the days where there was more good TV.  The bright side is I got rid of cable, have streaming Netflix and I am much more productive smile lol.

1. iggy7117 profile image81
      iggy7117posted 2 years agoin reply to this

That is a good idea, watch a movie when I want and do other things.

3. Snakesmum profile image82
    Snakesmumposted 2 years ago

Absolutely!   Here in Australia, TV is on a steep downward quality curve, at least in my opinion.   There are too many "reality" shows, which are not really reality.  If they were, why would people have to audition for them? 

Drama and mystery shows are better, and even they are not as good as they used to be.    Unfortunately, they seem to be making more and more reality programs.  There's even a lawsuit going on here, with one channel claiming another copied their format for a cooking show.   Just how many formats are there for cooking shows?

Less reality shows, and more documentaries and drama for me.