Do you find it compelling to follow "Breaking News"?

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

Do you find it compelling to follow "Breaking News"?

The current mass shooting in San Bernardino CA is breaking news. During this time, the news is formulating from scraps of facts to more verifiable information. The ? is are you compelled to go step by step with the news, even though they may get things wrong during the process.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12739375_f260.jpg

2. Dean Traylor profile image92
    Dean Traylorposted 2 years ago

For me, I was following it. In fact, when there's breaking news I tend to follow it throughout the day, despite knowing that the first reports can be unreliable. This particular event was a bit personal. As a special education teacher I was floored to hear it happen at a regional center. Also, my wife's cousin was a case-worker that once worked there (now she's in Orange County). Still, she had two other relatives that worked within a mile from the place. One worked a block away from it. Also, it appears that one Facebook friend's sister was working in the building at the time of the shooting. There's no word on her whereabouts, yet.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
      bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree when it is personal or a personal interest follow it.
      I watched the briefing this morning, and I was impressed with the SB police chief, as well as the FBI. They didn't mention the missing sister, but they were still investigating.

Closed to reply

working