jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

Breaking news...........moments ago.........Osama Bin Landen has been killed,

1. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Breaking news...........moments ago.........Osama Bin Landen has been killed,

his body has been in US custody for several days..........

What were your First thoughts, reactions to this news?

2. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

My first thoughts, doubtful, the man is too clever, all I am hoping that our President is not being making a fool of.....man living in a Palace.... that seem like a sitting duck to me...however if so he death does meant the end of . the infested nest still exist .....out there.....

3. Jaydeus profile image69
    Jaydeusposted 6 years ago

I pondered who we would attack next seeing as Hussein and Bin Laden are now dead.
    The only other terrorist I can think of is George W. Bush.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I was doubtful until I found out they have his body.  They will be able to confirm it is really Bin Laden.  I am relieved, but I am not cheering.  It really goes against something deep inside me to cheer about someone's death.  But I am glad he was brought to justice, however they accomplished it.  Also glad none of our guys were hurt.

5. Dr. Haddox profile image78
    Dr. Haddoxposted 6 years ago

President Obama had to take the time to do DNA studies and other checks to be sure it was Osama Bin Landen's body. Whatever time that it takes to avoid errors of identity and other mistakes was necessary. We still will face challenges in the future. Our global community is a complex one and problem solving is an ongoing concern. Ours is a never-ending battle. Such is life, and so be it. Let's be thankful that it isn't worse.

6. cherrycrime26 profile image80
    cherrycrime26posted 6 years ago

Dont believe the hype! Im not sure I believe any of this, there are conspiracies about why there dropping this news now. I dont trust mainstream media theres always a hidden agenda.

7. dosborne08 profile image72
    dosborne08posted 6 years ago

I usually would not celebrate someone's death but Bin Laden is a different situation. The war on terror is not over. We cut the head off of this snake, but who's to say in the years past that another snake was not born and waiting to mature.

8. naturalpainrelief profile image60
    naturalpainreliefposted 6 years ago

It's definitely true and has been confirmed. Good to see justice finally served.

I wonder how he is enjoying his 72 virgins? lol

9. Rimzim profile image60
    Rimzimposted 6 years ago

In my view Osama Bin Laden is less terrorist than our politicians because they killed more peoples than terrorist.

I am not against politicians but what America doing with Iraq or what Indian & Pakistani politicians do, they always play their game.

So, after Osama Bin Laden dead may be other groups also want take place of him, may be we seen another terrorist which more powerful than him.

Personally I hate Osama Bin Laden & all terrorists groups

10. rogueomen profile image60
    rogueomenposted 6 years ago

You have to ponder the question that the media has put across the air---- The video or photo of the body will not be published due to the fact that the american people are not war mongors or trophy hunters and also this could spark countless retaliation form other terroist organisations???

11. KayMarie profile image59
    KayMarieposted 6 years ago

I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. "Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."~ Martin Luther King, Jr

describes my feelings perfectly.

12. mariasial profile image71
    mariasialposted 6 years ago

i doubt that being a lay person in politics and current affair how much we actually know about real drama whether he is killed or not and if he is dead when he was killed and where and how he was killed. Governments use to share only those knowledge to the public which goes in their favor.

13. Mohammad Mohsin profile image74
    Mohammad Mohsinposted 6 years ago

i am form Pakistan but i am still not sure either Osama is dead or its just a game of politicians, media and politicians shape it into a mystery.
    these terrorist want to destroy my country and my people, no true Pakistani can forgive them for this.

if osama is dead, i think its good news not just for Pakistan or US, its a good news for everyone in the world.

14. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Thanks to each of you who bothered to take time to reply........

Since, that very first broadcast, some discepencies, and many opinions have aired.  I have been following the story closely.

NOW, I reveal to you, my very first thought:

There is a party at the Bush Ranch in Texas tonight.  Surely, Mr. Obama has received his invitation...

I remember clearly, thinking on that morning,  of September...............

"Mr. Bush must be a controlled man, he must "really" be thinking, let me stick this number ten boot.................."

Lord, let this, be the beginning of the end of this terrible struggle.  May our soliders and defenders of whatever walks, take a deep breath.  Let us all breathe in a breath of fresh air.  We all need it so.  Let the devestation, now come to an end.

15. jg555 profile image61
    jg555posted 6 years ago

It was kind of a feeling of relief that now the two major people we were going after have been captured...and killed. The war is not over however, there are many others that are bad like Bin Laden and Hussein.

working