jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Of the four original members of the rock band KISS, which one is your favorite a

1. annasmom profile image77
    annasmomposted 23 months ago

Of the four original members of the rock band KISS, which one is your favorite and why?

I have just finished reading the four original members autobiographies.  There are some pretty distinct personalities here.  A fan since I was 15, I find my opinions about the band and their break up changing and am curious what other people think.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12907544_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 23 months ago

Gene Simmons was always my favorite. His demonic appearance terrified and fascinated me when I was a kid. Nowadays he comes off as a smug egomaniac but I figure he's earned the right to be that way, haha. I still admire the guy even though I have a feeling he'd rub me the wrong way if I met him in person.

annasmomposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Keith, Gene was always my favorite, too!  I think it was because of his immense stage presence.  Gene was also everywhere in the press.  Now I know that he was also smart enough to have engineered that!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
      FatFreddysCatposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Yep, and he has no patience for  fools (just ask Ace or Peter) and is obviously very driven and dedicated - he and Paul have kept the trains running on time (so to speak) in that band for 40+ years now,.

3. annasmom profile image77
      annasmomposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Although Simmons has experienced success beating the KISS horse into the ground as well as with his television show and several books, Frehley continues to be a true musician.  Paul Stanley is a guest on Frehley's newest cd.

3. MsStarchild profile image76
    MsStarchildposted 21 months ago

My favorite member is Paul Stanley.  I  remember he was nice enough to pose for a second picture after I explained the first one didn't turn out (dummy me forgot to turn the camera back  on) at the KISS Convention in Nashville.  I also  felt after that encounter that he understood how things were for me growing up with a deformed eye--it was at this event I found out  about his own deformity.  Plus, it seems that the majority of my favorite KISS songs, are ones he sang lead on.

annasmomposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Ms Starchild,
      Thank you for answering my question!
      I really admire the work PS does with children that share his medical condition...and yes, his vocals will always resonate with me because I love KISS!

working