jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Have been watching Western reruns, and was wondering which one was my fellow Hub

1. bluesradio profile image75
    bluesradioposted 19 months ago

Have been watching Western reruns, and was wondering which one was my fellow Hubbers favorite?

2. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 19 months ago

Hard to say. I always loved old westerns, but my husband's favorite by far is Kung Fu with David Carradine. Now if we want to go back to my childhood when we didn't have a TV, there was an after-school radio show on the Mutual Radio Network called Bobby Benson and the B-Bar-B. I used to sit in front of the radio and imagine myself riding the range with Bobby because he was a kid about my age. Does anyone remember that one?

1. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 18 months agoin reply to this
    2. MizBejabbers profile image89
      MizBejabbersposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Thanks, Cecelia, I'll look that up!

3. William F. Torpey profile image76
    William F. Torpeyposted 19 months ago

Red River -- John Wayne and Montgomery Clift 1948
    High Noon -- Gary Cooper and Grace Kelly 1952

4. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 18 months ago

That kind of depends on whether you're talking television or movies. My all time favorite western movie is High Noon. The story, the actors, and the music are all great and I never get tired of watching it. I'm also talking about the Gary Cooper version. For television I've got a really long list beginning with Have Gun Will Travel. Again, the stories, the actor, and the music are great. I'll stop here or I'll be listing all day...

1. MizBejabbers profile image89
      MizBejabbersposted 18 months agoin reply to this

I didn't think about TV v. movies when I wrote my answer. I don't think there was a spaghetti western made that I didn't love.

working