- Entertainment and Media
Free Cinema Tickets
How to Get Free Movie Tickets
I like going to the cinema, but I like going even more when I get free cinema tickets. It might sound strange or confusing to think that an ordinary person can get free movie tickets, but it's true.
You might be thinking that I get special or free tickets to the cinema because I write about movies a lot, but that's not the case. The people who provide the free tickets don't even know I write about these movies. So these opportunities are open to the majority of people, but they just don't know about it.
Most people are so used to paying for stuff that they have no idea that there are ways to save money on entertainment, like going out to see the latest movie.
You might even think that I only mean tickets to movies no-one else wants to go to, Indie movies or even foreign films. I'm sure you can get free tickets to those types of movies, but I wouldn't know as I mainly focus on going to see movies I want to see. I like blockbusters, kids movies and fantasy movies the best and those are the ones I try and get free entry to. However, free tickets are not limited to these types of films.
"Free movie tickets are only for those in the USA." I hear that a lot and it's not true. I live in the UK and am offered free tickets all the time.
What I love most, is more often than not, I get to see some of the latest movies before any of my friends. If you want to find out how I do it, and how you can do it too, then please keep reading to discover the full story.
Image From Allposters: Man in 3D Glasses Poster.
Why Would There Be Free Cinema Tickets?
Imagine you never had to pay to go to see the latest blockbuster in the cinema again. How much would that be worth to you? Would you go and see more movies? Would you tell other people how they can do it too?
Those are some of the reasons promoters give away free tickets. They are hoping you are going to tell other people about the film and help them get more bums on seats.
Afterall, aren't you more likely to go and see a movie when your friends or family members tell you about how awesome it was, rather than some film critic you don't personally know?
All images are courtesy of Allposters.com unless otherwise stated.
How Much Money Could You Save?
I don't make a lot of money and going to see a movie now and then is okay, but if I want to go more often then it becomes an expensive hobby. Sure you can get a membership card, but I don't go often enough to benefit from that.
However, give me the opportunity to see films for free and I'd go to just about anything that I think I'd enjoy.
If I go to see the latest flick at the movies then this will normally cost me about Â£8. If I take someone else then I'm spending Â£16 a time. I'm in the UK so things tend to be quite expensive. Add in the cost of popcorn and other snacks you have to eat while watching the action and before you know it you've blow a fair amount of money.
If you go to one movie a month then that's quite a bill you have built up.
Think about how many times a year you go out to the movies and add up the bills to see how much you could save, if you were able to go and not pay for entrance to the actual screening! I think you'll be surprised at just how much you could keep in your pocket.
Now think of how often you'd go if you didn't pay and think of even more savings made, plus the extra fun you've had.
Here's What 2 Free Pre-View Tickets Look Like
Here's some proof that I saw a film free. In fact, I saw The Internship starring Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson last night (June 24th 2013). That's over a week before the general population of the UK will be able to see this comedy in cinema's from the 3rd of July 2013.
Image credit: I took a screenshot of the ticket I was sent above. This is a picture of the tickets that you take to gain free entry to the movie listed.
Was it a Good Movie?
I wasn't alone in seeing The Internship early at the cinema. The screening was in one of the smallest rooms they have, but it was about 90% full. Also there are over 90 of these pre-views happening across the UK for this movie alone. So there was a lot of choice in terms of location.
You'd think I'd have to pay to see a movie before everyone else, but nope.
You'd think it can't be a good choice. I thought the movie was actually really funny and a great underdog story. I'm not saying it doesn't have flaws or a few places where the plot needed to be thought out a bit more but it works. And there were plenty of laugh out loud moments. And I've seen plenty of movies that I have paid for that were way worse!
I would actually recommend this movie to others and it makes me think about what it's like for older people in this world we live in where technology plays such a huge role.
Remember to Take Your 3D Glasses!
If you do go the cinema with these free tickets, they don't include the cost of 3D glasses.
If you are going to see a 3D movie remember to take your glasses and keep even more money in your pocket!
How to Get Free Cinema Tickets in the UK
When I heard about free entry to the cinema I thought it was a bit of a joke. I thought yeah only in America. Then when I was told that you can get them in the UK I thought it would only be for people in London. Well it turns out it's not just big city slickers. Even people in Scotland can get tickets too!
Here's how you get them.
- Show Film First
Almost all the free cinema ticket offers will require you to be a member of Show Film First. So go to the site and sign up. It's a really short form and once you have your account you can check out the latest information on new movies and also check
- Tell Ten
This is a great site to register with to find out about the latest free movie ticket codes. They will email you free ticket codes. You put them into the site and are taken to a booking page. You tell them how many tickets you want, and then choose fr
- Paramount Pictures
Same as above but for Paramount Pictures.
- The Metro
The Metro newspaper are really good at letting it's readers in on pre-view screenings and giving access codes too. Sign up to gain free entry.
- Hot UK Deals
There are lots of freebies here including a number of codes you can take to Show Films First, for free cinema tickets to different movies.
- Just For Sky Movies Subscribers
If you are a Sky Movies subscriber, or know someone that is, then you can get free tickets directly from Sky.
How to Get Free Movie Tickets in The USA
Here are some websites and pointers of how you can get free movie tickets. Just check out the videos below for more details.
If you are looking for discounts then check the second video out.
If you prefer to watch movie at home for then start your Hulu Plus Free Trial Now!
What's The Catch to Getting Free Tickets to the Latest Movies at the Cinema?
By now you have probably searched this page high and low for the catch, the cost or the downside.
Yes it's not all rosy but the negatives are really small for me, and there are even some added benefits.
Here are some guidelines and more information as to how this works and what you have to do. Please read them carefully as they sum up the complete process and experience as there are some hidden gems in here.
- Firstly, you have to register at a number of places so you can be notified about possible free movie tickets. Yes it can be tedious signing up at different web sites and entering your personal details but the reward is that you can go to the cinema and just pay for your snacks and treats.
If you want you can sign up at just one place, but there's no guarantee they'll have the free tickets all the time. Best to cover your bets and sign up to a few places.
- Once you have signed up to these special free ticket notification sites, expect some extra mail to be sent to your inbox. In most cases you have to agree to allow these sites to email you with other offers etc in order to get the important email you really want with discounted or free tickets.
If this is an issue for you, then set up a new email address and check it often for announcements and free ticket codes.
So far, this hasn't been an issue for me and I have received very little spam.
- When you are emailed about these promotional tickets you need to act fast. There are normally limited numbers and there are more and more people finding out about these freebies. If you don't act fast enough you will miss out.
- A positive is in most cases you can take a friend along, as long as you ask for two tickets. So you don't have to go to these viewings alone.
- You get the chance to see new movies in your home town before anyone else and for free! Pre-view screenings are great and more common than you'd think.
- Since these tickets don't cost you your hard earned cash, it's unreasonable to expect these movies to be aired at the most convenient times for you. Most of these promotional events happen on the quietest days of the week on a Monday or a Tuesday. If you think this is a great weekend activity, or a great option for a date, sorry to burst your bubble.
However, if you have a flexible schedule then these can be perfect for you. You can make Monday the new Friday.
- You won't get every movie free! It's a fact. Not every movie is going to be available for free. Sometimes there will be two for one offers or discounted tickets. You don't have to take these.
- Free cinema tickets aren't always going to be offered in your home town.
If you live in the sticks you might struggle to get free entry to a venue near you. Even if you live in a large city, there may not be an offer for your city. You have to read the details carefully and check where the free viewing will take place.
- Do you hate standing in line to pay for tickets? Yeah me too. So skip the queue and take your print out straight to the usher that lets you in to the actual screens. Remember to take some identification with you that matches the name on the ticket. I've never been asked for it, but they can ask you for it and I have heard of others being asked.
- Make sure you turn up early with your print out for inspection. I tend to be there 30 minutes before the movie starts so I know I will definitely get in as it's on a first come, first served basis. There's no guarantee you'll get in. Also I like to choose my seat. If you come in later than this then you might not be able to sit together as these events tend to be quite busy.
- One of the biggest advantages for me is no adverts! That's right I don't have to sit through 15 minutes of trailers or other ads to watch these free movies. In fact, this is something most people would pay to cut out, but instead I paid nothing and didn't have any inane ads to groan at. Double win in my book!
Want to Get Free Tickets But Don't Live in the UK or the USA?
Or Looking For More Free Movie Tickets in the UK and USA?
I'm not able to check for every country and provide the appropriate links where you can sign up for these types of tickets. However, it should be fairly simple to find out what's available in your own country.
Simply go to Google and type in "pre-view cinema tickets" and check out the results. You might need to translate this into your local language, but give it a try and see what results you get.
I'd also recommend doing this from time to time in the UK and America, as some of the websites mentioned above could go dormant and others will continue to pop up in the future.
You have nothing to lose and potentially some great fun for free ahead.
And as the characters in the Internship were keen to point out, it's amazing what you can find on Google if you just think to search for it.
Summer 2013 Movies
The best movies everyone wants to see in Summer 2013.
Best Action Movies 2013
What's better than an action flick? Check out these popular choices in the cinema this year and you can tell us!
Best Kids Movies 2013
Kids movies aren't just for kids and neither are these choices. These are set to be some of the best movies 2013 has to offer.
Best Comedy Movies 2013
Laugh away to the best comedy movies 2013 has to offer and then laugh out loud randomly when you remember some of these scenes later.
Top Grossing Movies 2013
Don't have a favorite genre of film, then check out these movies that span different genre's and age groups, but appeal to a wide audience.