annerivendell profile image 90

Do you think parents who don't teach their children to have respect for others should be sanctioned?

A child of about 3 years old drove his tricycle straight into my legs yesterday and his Mom just laughed as though it was the cutest thing. Last week I watched a child of about 5 years old lift a jar from a supermarket shelf and drop it on the floor where it smashed. Her Mom just said "Oh don't worry, it doesn't matter," and left it there. It MAY have been an accident but at the very least her Mom should have found an assistant and told them about it so they could clean it up. We all live in a society and an individual who doesn't respect the person or property of another affects us all.

dndswordsmith profile image81

Nique (dndswordsmith) says

• annerivendell profile image

annerivendell 4 years ago

Yes, that's the response that I would have and expect others to have. Of course accidents happen and I never scolded my children when they did, but as you, I had them help me fix the problem.

kj force profile image78

kjforce (kj force) says

mrsgray profile image60

mrsgray says

• annerivendell profile image

annerivendell 4 years ago

I agree with you, mrsgray. And it's not just grown ups that deserve respect, people from the tiniest baby to the oldest adult deserve to be treated with the respect and dignity that all humans deserve.

Starmom41 says

• dndswordsmith profile image

Nique (dndswordsmith) 4 years ago

I agree with possibly responding to that mother. However, I am the type of person that has to watch how I say things. I don't beat around the bush and my response would have been straight forward. There would have been a few words between us.