jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

The birds and bees talk

1. amiguel profile image60
    amiguelposted 4 years ago

When should we talk to our kids about sex?

1. RogerSanchezJr profile image74
      RogerSanchezJrposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My daughter came one one day in first grade and asked me about "sex".   It's amazing how much kids know nowadays.  All we can do is teach them how to respect their body as treasure and allow no one to defile it.  Sooner or later, they will find out the truth about it from their friends or tv1  So it's best to be honest about it and let them know the consequences of it. 

If it up to me, I rather see her be a kid and not worry about it until she's in preteen years.

amiguelposted 4 years agoin reply to this

oh my goodness.. first grade is early. I agree to be honest with your child and if it was up to me, my daughter would be a nun. none of this none of that. lol.

2. Pearldiver profile image82
      Pearldiverposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's probably prudent to discuss sex after you've had the birds and bees talk.... or they won't be able to relate to why the birds and the bees are such popular examples of sexual expression with grown ups!  lol
      I believe the younger the children, generally the more accepting and open they tend to be in the event.. kids need to be able to rationalize intangible things, so that provides a raft of ways to approach the subject both openly and engagingly... but be real so that they can understand the changes that they will go through..

amiguelposted 4 years agoin reply to this

your right and I would be more scared to approach my daughter about sex than she would be me. If only she could be my baby forever..smile thanks for your insight.

working