jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why our youngester so lazy nowadays!

1. Teddybear1000 profile image56
    Teddybear1000posted 8 years ago

Why our youngester so lazy nowadays!

2. Eaglekiwi profile image80
    Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago

I think they are probably less motived than we were as kids and my opinion is educators(school) and TV Programmes succeeded where they didnt.
    I insisted my sons play a sport every Saturday morning ( and it was hell some cold mornings standing on the soccer line freezing my bum off) but worth it in the long run ,they got to like it and helped create a healthy habit.
    No TV's in bedrooms and no Playstation during the week,that was the deal( before we bought it) and they agreed do it, after they were older I was more lenient since they had already learned to prioritise ( mostly) lol. Sometimes its the boundaries we set kids that either help them be lazy or not . Motivation can be grown ,just my opinion

3. fastfreta profile image79
    fastfretaposted 8 years ago

I think it starts with us, parents, we don't require that our children have chores, and even if we do, we don't follow through with seeing that they are done.  Sometimes it's easier for us to perform the tasks ourselves than to continue to insist that they are done.  Discipline is left in the "dark ages," so when our children see no consequences for not doing their chores, then what's the point if they don't want to do them, why should they.  So when we wonder why our youngsters are so lazy, we might have to look within.

4. GoGranny profile image77
    GoGrannyposted 8 years ago

This is a good subject for discussion because the future is at stake. There are different reasons why our kids tend to be more lazy now. There are too many useless distractions for our kids...video games, reality shows, designer clothes 'must haves', and keeping up with the trends that exploit kids for the sake of making money. It's the clueless parents and the greedy product makers that are part of the problem with kids being lazy. Parents should be aware that the positive and constructive deterrents need to be taught to children early. Parents who spoil a child while a baby or toddler don't realize what they are setting themselves up for as the kid ages and becomes more demanding. Parents must show children that work is a necessity in life.

5. Journey2244 profile image61
    Journey2244posted 7 years ago

I think kids do what is learned.    Laziness is a learned behavior, it is not something you are born with.  If you don't put forth an effort to teach them pro active principles at home - how are they to know it inside or outside of the home.