IN GENEARL WHAT DOES SOCIETY THINK ABOUT MULTI-RACIAL RELATIONSHIPS?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 92 discussions (402 posts)
  1. profile image0
    mdawson17posted 15 years ago

I have noticed more and more Multi-Racial Marriages how does the affect the children and as well as do you think the different cultures clash?

Is it ethically right?

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am in a multi-racial marriage and it has not affected our son in anyway, nor do his friends look at him diferently. We have not had any issues with culture clash and our families have embraced the relationship. Have you read the history of why our skin color is what it is? We are all one people, so the skin color does not make one different from another.
      Have we dealt with insults here in the U.S.? Once or twice but we have overcome by planting seeds. It is how you carry yourself and how you handle the situation. We so no color in our family, nor do many others as we should embrace people for who they are and not the color of there skin.smile

1. profile image0
        Gods Gardenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well Said!!!

2. profile image0
      nazishnasimposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You'd be damned if you do and you'd be damned if you don't. People have a way of finding faults with everyone and everything. Since you can't keep everyone happy, hence, atleast try to keep one person and that is , You. Hang upside down with no khakis if you like! Who gives a sh** to what people think!

3. profile image0
      notorious_HAIposted 15 years agoin reply to this

How is this an ethical issue? 

Multi-Racial unions are very common in Australia.  Love does not recognise race or religion.  I have many friends who are mixed race and they've never had any problems.  People are often intrigued by their cultural mix and they have the added exposure to 2 different cultures.

Most of my own relationships have been with men from different cultural backgrounds to myself.  Our parents get over it because they don't have a choice.

4. profile image0
      sandieganlizposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What is racial? You must be talking about the biological feature which determines the visible, physical traits of a human; yet, we are all human. Yes, cultures can clash because since there are so many, and, some are sooo different from another, one may experience Xenophobia. What is ethical? Humane treatment of others??!

5. TrinaLynne profile image70
      TrinaLynneposted 15 years agoin reply to this

How is anything "ethnically right"? Love doesn't have a color. And the kids are not effected at all if both parents are respectful and open about their own culures. But if they are married, nine times out of ten they are respectful and open. The only problem they will have is the outside world judging them.

6. profile image0
      Wendi Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What does race have to do with ethics?

7. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i don't even think it is a big deal, unless you live in the antebellum South.

8. profile image53
      jab5248posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think any one person can speak for society "in general" or otherwise.  I can only speak as one member of society and I honestly don't think about multi-racial relationships at all.  Why should I?  Who someone chooses to be with is certainly none of my business.  They aren't hurting me.  In this day and age, 2010, I really don't think I need to worry about their children, although I think white people are probably more accepting. It's fairly common. I illustrate my feelings on the subject as follows:
      If there is a white man on one operating table, a black man on another operating table, and a mexican, an asian, and an Eskimo on operating tables around the room and you cut open the chesk of each man - their hearts will all be the same color.  That makes me slightly color blind.  Our world currently has bigger problems to worry about than skin color.  Besides, in general, didn't this nation elect the son of not only a multi-racial, but a multi-cultural couple?  I'm hearing a term lately that we are in a "post-racist" era.  I would like to think that is true for most enlightened citizens.

9. Levertis Steele profile image75
      Levertis Steeleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Multiracial marriages do not affect the children, but racist views said to the children, or in their presence, can affect them. So, the damage is often done by others.

Different cultures may or may not clash depending on their values, belief systems, etc. If the husband is of a culture that promotes polygamy, and his wife is a red-bloodied American, there will be BIG problems if they have not settled their views and agreed.

Is it ethically right? Are there mixed marriages in the Bible? Yes, and God did not frown upon them. Moses' sister Miriam was punished with leprosy because she criticized his wife because of her dark complexion. Song of Solom is a metaphorical poem that compares the Christian's relationship with Jesus to that of two lovers. At one point the man says, "Do not look upon me because I am dark . . . I am dark but comely." This may be almost a paraphrase.

10. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think America shows its prejudice toward the children of mixed marriages anymore, but I see prejudice when it comes to the couple.

Cultures do still clash. My son stands ready to marry a woman who is the product of an interracial relationship. She never knew the white side of her family because they were ashamed of her. But, her father raised her without regrets and without bitterness. She has family members who are less than pleased with the planned nuptials; but I don't know how we are going to evolve to a color blind society unless we just stop looking.

I'm a little confused by the question of ethics. What is ethically wrong with two humans falling in love and making a life together?

11. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I really don't think Many Kids like Multi-Facial relationships! sad

2. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 15 years ago

How would it be "ethically" anything?

3. tksensei profile image60

It turns out multiracial people are the fastest growing demographic in the US now.

4. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 15 years ago

Society generally thinks the worst about people in my experience.

5. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 15 years ago

'Society' is interpreted by the 'beliefs' of those who seek to judge others against the insecurities of their own beliefs.

1. BundleBoy profile image70
      BundleBoyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Pearldiver - Wow I love that! Did you come up with it yourself or is a definition you found somewhere? I love that.

6. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 15 years ago

It is wonderful here in Ireland now that there we are multi ratial society to see some mixed marriages, why would they not work?????

7. earnestshub profile image71
    earnestshubposted 15 years ago

Australia has many mixed marriages, there are 5 in my family alone!
    For the most part Australians do not consider race to be important in any way, despite the recent headlines to the contrary.

8. tksensei profile image60

Every country has racsim and related problems. To say "X country has no problem with racism" is as misleading as saying "Y country is racist!"

It's a human failing.

1. earnestshub profile image71
      earnestshubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I did say for the most part.... Australians speak about 180 languages. We are all colors and races, and are one of the most successful countries in the world at living multi-culturally, so we may be a pretty "low racism" country.

1. tksensei profile image60
        tksenseiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

All of that is even more true for the United States, yet many people are of the mistaken belief that the US has racial problems and their homeland does not.

I say America is probably not as racist as a lot of other countries I know, but Australia is very good too. Of course some racism exists here.

9. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

I can remember my auntie being upset when her son married a Filipino girl.  All was forgiven when the grandkids came along.

One of my friends, an African American, moved here because he was married to a white girl.  He said he felt comfortable in that relationship in Australia, whereas it was impossible in the States.

10. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 15 years ago

Multi-racial relationships have been going on for hundreds if not thousands of years.
    I am the daughter of a mixed marriage ,my parents were victims of rascism ,first by a Government and then society. They knew better . I know better . My sons know better.
    I beleive thats the key , educate and support peace and harmony not separatism and rascism.
    God dont care about the colour of your skin ,just the colour of your sin wink

11. Eaglekiwi profile image74

oh and now I am New Zealander with mixed blood, blood that has rich history-Hawaiian ,Scottish, married to an American, and goodness knows what his ancestors got up too. lol

P.S What do you mean ethically right?
    I think its ignorant to not understand that the whole human race is 'mixed' whether we like it or not.

12. earnestshub profile image71
    earnestshubposted 15 years ago

In our family we have English, Italian, Spanish, Greek and Chinese.

13. Christa Dovel profile image70
    Christa Dovelposted 15 years ago

I have heard it can be troublesome for the children, but only when people want to label the child and make them fit into a certain category.  Likewise, I have never seen extra problems for the couple or the children.  I have acquaintances who are Korean/White/Greek, Aborigine/White, Black/White, Native American/White/Hispanic, ...probably more.

14. RKHenry profile image65
    RKHenryposted 15 years ago

This thread is right up my alley.

white/black

But for some reason "social politics" tell me, I have to check the "blackman's box", will filling out official papers.

My mom: mix-white and black
    My dad: mix-black and white
    Grandparents: mix-white and black
    Grandparents: mix-black and white

My mom'ma's color is white. 
    My dad's is black.

Here's my only problem with the system.  They need to have a special little box for mixed people. 
    They can title the box- COLORED.

How about a person box instead?

1. RKHenry profile image65
        RKHenryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Tell that to your congressman.

2. kimanesha profile image59
        kimaneshaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I was feeling the same way while filing out paperwork for my son to get into school. He is black and philipino and I put black as ethnicity and they said that he would have to be bussed to another school.I went to the school district and changed it, the next day he was put into the school I originally signed him up for. I feel that they should have a box to put for biracial individuals. Since they don't acknowledge them that way then it makes it look as if it's a bad thing to children.

2. LondonGirl profile image80
      LondonGirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Don't you have a "mixed race black / white" option? We do here.

No.  According to my government I'm just an ordinary black man.  My grandmother is a nationalized Jew from Germany. But she's considered white.  My mom looks white. Her skin is real fair.  My skin is real fair.  I look white, except for my hair.  But I'm cataloged black.  We are all cataloged black expect Grams.

It's no big deal though.  It's all good. I've never had any problems. None of my family has had any real trouble with this or that. I don't feel a racist buzz in America today.

3. Pete Maida profile image60
      Pete Maidaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it is time to get rid of the box.  Our President and my grandchildren would be happy with that.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 15 years agoin reply to this
  15. Pete Maida profile image60
    Pete Maidaposted 15 years ago

Golly I thought we had grown out of this issue.  Does someone still really believe there is a problem with being in love with someone outside of your race or culture?  I thought we left that back with Vietnam and the Nixon era.  How could anyone still have a problem?

That would be nice, but apparently.....

16. LondonGirl profile image80
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

I'm in a mixed-race relationship - I'm British (back for centuries, at least) and my other half is east European Jewish.

I don't see an ethical problem at all.

17. LondonGirl profile image80
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

Is that why Obama is always described by American media etc as "black"? Here, he'd be "mixed race"

Yeah.  We are making progress in that area, but it's slow.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

African American

18. skydiver profile image60
    skydiverposted 15 years ago

As far as I can tell nobody cares anymore, and why should they smile

19. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 15 years ago

I can't speak for other countries, but in the United States it seems to be a regional thing as far as what "society" thinks. Personally, I live in Wyoming and a HUGE percentage of relationships and families are multi-racial and no one thinks anything odd about it. However, apparently this isn't true all over the country. I've had a few people from other states ask me if particular couples ever got any flak for being from different ethnic backgrounds...to me, the concept that it's in some way strange is just bizarre, but some people still haven't gotten past their upbringing or wherever else their various biases have come from.

20. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Even the Queen of England has German blood.
    I cant think of any leader who doesnt have a mix or blend.
    Actually isnt everyone mixed??
    When you think about it ,very crazy question indeed.
    The colored box option idea , why not just call make it M&M's lol

21. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

What does that make me now tongue NA with a Jewish mother and Athiest father and NA original family tongue we really don't care but there is lots love n help survive racism big_smile

22. Eaglekiwi profile image74

you got it Dame S ,love is the answer
    There is only one race -The Human Race smile

23. cindyvine profile image81
    cindyvineposted 15 years ago

Unless you're reptilian or a Martian just here for a visit

24. Dame Scribe profile image56

I think our education systems can be quite horrible with our children yikes thats awful Kimanesha. I think there should be instant hefty fines for such blatant acts.

25. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 15 years ago

My boyfriend is Puerto Rican, and I am white. My family has no issue with it at all. We have had a few instances where strangers seem to have a problem with it. But screw em they're closed minded jerks! One time we went into a clothing store in the mall and a teenage girl said to her friend "He's too tan for her!" I was shocked and refused to believed she said it.

In general, I don't think society cares so much. Our children will be happy and healthy, that's all that matters.

We're happy, so screw everyone else! smile

http://i40.tinypic.com/wjza6v.jpg

26. HealthCare Basics profile image60
    HealthCare Basicsposted 15 years ago

People with open minds and a sense of humanity understand human relations go further than the color of skin. Relationships between race should no longer cause contempt or prejudice because we are intelligent, breathing, human persons with knowledge how wrong bias caused contempt and injustice... smile

27. profile image55
    Urias K. Rimposted 15 years ago

It's a slap in the face to men when women of their race go with a man of a different race. Does anybody believe that the phenomenon of white women going after black men doesn't bother black women? Do you believe most Asian men are happy about so many Asian women/white men couples? I know for a fact, here in Philadelphia, that most Latino and black men get upset when they see one of their women with a white man. And vice versa for white men. I had a girlfriend who was Filipino/black/white, but she looked Hispanic. I got more dirty looks from black and Latino men than I care to remember.
    I don't like white women dating outside their race, either. I consider it dating "down" and betraying their race.
    This topic needed a different point of view, btw. Please, be civil with your replies and don't start with the derogatory names.

I guess it depends on where you live to some degree.

2. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I had similar reactions when I lived in a small town in the Carolinas. I guess it is just important to care about your relationship and being happy more than what other people think. I don't think it is a slap in the face to white guys that I am dating a hispanic one. I fell in love with a guy who just happens to be hispanic. I've dated white guys, and I would date a black guy, asian guy, whatever. I'm definitely not dating "down", I am so lucky to have my boyfriend, I'm sure he could do better smile

3. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It isn't up to 'men,' frankly.  And didn't know there was any phenomenon of white women after black men--that might be a white guy fear, tho, wink.

People are people.  This will be more and more a non-issue.

4. tksensei profile image60

You know what? Tough. I'm going to start with the derogatory names you deserve. You are a racist dope and your post was one giant, steaming pile of crap. Nonsense like this doesn't deserve a pass and doesn't merit civility.

1. goldentoad profile image59
        goldentoadposted 15 years agoin reply to this

man that was weak, you gotta insult him better than that. try again.

28. HealthCare Basics profile image60
    HealthCare Basicsposted 15 years ago

Urias,

You talk about being civil in response. I suggest you reread your post, think about the words you wrote, and then try to write something substantial to the topic. I feel apathy that your relationship with another person of different race. If you love that person then why should it matter to you how others look at you??? Those people who might be looking oddly at you ARE the ones who have the issues.

29. goldentoad profile image59
    goldentoadposted 15 years ago

I am a product of a beaner mother and a trailer trash father, I don't think its affected me one bit.

30. sunstreeks profile image81
    sunstreeksposted 15 years ago

Colebabie Your picture is great. You two are very cute together.

I grew up in a mixed(many different races) middle class community. Teens and adults date who they want and nobody blinks an eye.

1. Colebabie profile image60

Thanks sunstreeks! We are pretty cute huh? That was our prom picture, four years ago smile

Yeah my town is the same, but when I used to live in a small town it was a bit different when he would come to visit. Not my college, but the surrounding town.

31. Eaglekiwi profile image74

wow!!!! Urius
    I will not call you names , that is not my style ,instead I will say shame on you !
    What on earth would make you think that someone(white) is 'dating or marrying down'? (also the attitude when a girl marries 'up') also makes me feel nauseous to the pit of my stomach.
    The dictionary defines Rascism as holding seperate views based on  colour  creed or race.
    Women are not cattle or chattels to be paraded as prizes,how dare you be so arrogant. Who gave you that right?
    Who taught you that it how a human should treat another human?
    I am not better than you , you are not better than me.
    If I got this wrong and misunderstood anything I opoligise ahead ,but if I didnt ...you need to be honest and rethink your attitudes...seriously  sad

32. trader7757 profile image51
    trader7757posted 15 years ago

I tend to date people I like without regard to their race and have had several interracial relationships.  I have to chuckle at the notion that I am "dating down" from my race as it infers that my race is somehow superior to another race.  I believe we are all just people, and that seems to be a very difficult concept for many to understand.  If someone intrigues me, regardless of race, I find myself attracted to them.  It's worked out pretty well so far.

all it takes is a pair of tits right?

Maybe sexist objectification deserves its own thread.

good idea want to start it?

You go ahead. You seem better qualified.

tititititititititittititititititities! I love me some titties! Anyone else?

33. Colebabie profile image60

yes, tits make everything ok... always. smile

I'm sure most guys don't discriminate when it comes to gettin' a pair in their hands.

Agreed. Big, small, saggy, perky... doesn't matter smile

34. Colebabie profile image60

I'll join!

35. profile image0
    mamahopsposted 15 years ago

I am in a multi-racial marriage, and I don't really think about it until I see stuff like this. Love knows no color, in my opinion. It shouldn't be an issue, but unfortunately it continues to be because people choose to be or are raised to be close-minded. That should be the social issue to address, not multi-racial relationshiops.

36. profile image50
    graphhikerposted 15 years ago

Not sure what you mean by mixed relationships, as in, are you talking about the race of couples or the colour of the couples skin?

I married a man from a different race.  We have children and they are of mixed blood.  For the best part and living in Australia, their racial backgrounds are invisible in this society. 

I think acceptance of mixed relationships is becoming more accepted in society today, than what it was 30 years ago because people have learned and continue to learn tolerance.  If we don't, then the blight of mixed relationship discussions from the past will follow our children into the future.

Cheers!

37. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 15 years ago

as long as they are on a woman. smile

and squeezable.

38. profile image55

Non-white men who "score" a white woman never really love them. They look at it as more of winning a prize or biting the once "forbidden fruit" and getting over on the white man. I'm sorry if the truth offends anybody.

That's a stupid thing to say, and you are not the least bit sorry if it offends anybody.

1. profile image55
        Urias K. Rimposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It may be stupid to you because you disagree with me, but there's a lot of truth to it and that's what makes people uncomfortable. You're right, I really don't care who's offended, this is America and I can say what I want, no matter how politically incorrect.
        Non-white men seek out white women because they know they're easier to control, dominate and manipulate than minority women. Plus, due to many white womens self esteem issues and "white guilt" it makes them easy "prey" for non-white men.

No, it's stupid because it assumes you can read the minds and hearts of people you don't know. It's also stupid because it is just an expression of your own prejudice. Racism is generally stupid.

I'm not sure where you are getting your info from. In my relationship, there is no way that I am easier to control smile or manipulate for that matter. I have no self esteem issues. I pursued my boyfriend. I kissed him, then he asked me out. So ha! His mother, an old fashioned puerto rican woman, will be the first one to tell you that I have him whipped smile
          I don't think white women can be manipulated" or are "easier to control" than another race. Some people are just attracted to their own race (no problem in that) or another, or will date someone of any race. I'm attracted to hispanic guys, I grew up in South Florida, where that isn't strange. However, I have dated white guys, and would date another race as well.

Just get over your personal opinion, I'm not sure where it came from, maybe one experience you had, with one woman. But it definitely is not the norm, by any means.

2. profile image0

Um...  OK.  You speak for all non-white men?  I don't think so, at least what my experience (and it has been a while ago, but still) tells me.

I guess it depends, too, on your sphere of influence.  I was going to go into class issues, earlier, but decided not to.  I think Spike Lee actually said a lot of things best in some of his movies.

So my boyfriend of four years doesn't love me?? Damn that sucks smile

If I was his prize to be won, I think he would have moved on 3 years and 6 months ago because that's when he "had me". wink Just a thought.

Your logic is ridiculous.

1. profile image55

He's not "finished" with you.

1. profile image0

LOL.  And I broke up with mine--long ago. 

You have valid points, but clearly they are not about EVERY one out there (thank God).

1. profile image55

Finally, someone who knows the truth. And, obviously, it's not EVERY non-white male, just most. White women, in general, need to respect themselves more and develop some self worth.

I have total respect for myself. I'm hott, and smart and I know I'm a good person. And I'm lucky to be with a man who is just the same smile

Sounds like you have a personal problem to me!

1. profile image0

Definitely.  And more likely, somebody who just wants to be controversial...

Though yeah--there are a few points--but like I said, Spike Lee dealt with it much more intelligently.  Complicated.  Not to be handled w/ sound bytes.

2. profile image55

Again, full of yourself. First sign of being insecure.

Something tells me that shooing away all the threatening 'white women' wouldn't improve your odds at all. You'd still be unattractive.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image74

I think the white girls are trying to get away from the insecure and  sexist attitudes of a some of the white boys lol geeze more power to them I say!

3. profile image0
      notorious_HAIposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you are sorry.  If you cared this discussion wouldn't exist.  I find it both sexist and racist.  Do you have metrics to support your comment above?  My brother is in a relationship with a "white" girl and he adores her.  They adore each other.  Our peers (who are a mixed bag of nationalities) don't see this as "getting over on the white man". He doesn't see her as a conquest or "score".  He was raised to respect women.

The truth is Urias, you haven't evolved.

1. profile image55

Of course your brother adores her - she's White! LOL! He found a White girl with low self esteem that he can dominate.

4. Levertis Steele profile image75

You are not offensive; you are stating your opinion. If I did not know mixed couples, black men and white women, married to each other, professional, upper middle class, the black men breaking their necks for the white women, with two professional jobs, unlike they would ever do for a black woman, I would share your view too. My scope is wide, and I have seen much and cannot deny. There are cases as you have described too. There are black and white men who will date all, use women, discard them, and marry none.

I have seen white men use black women like tobacco and spit them out. We can stereotype any gender or races of people, or we can call a spade a spade..

39. Denise J. Mungin profile image60
    Denise J. Munginposted 15 years ago

I'm not sure you can ask "what does society think about multi-racial relationships" since each individual makes up our society.  So what you're really asking is -"what do I think about multi-racial relationships" and the answer is- It should be accepted and it should be fine, but can we really say that in 2009 we have grown up that much from our ancestors and fully accepted others people views especially when they are different from ours and they look different than us.  In today's society it is good to see people free and able to be with who they love, yet we still have to grow up and accept that all of us were created the same and the only real difference is our skin color.  Cultures and habits are different also, yet they make each of us unique and we should want to share that with others.

40. BundleBoy profile image70
    BundleBoyposted 15 years ago

Some of the comments I find here are absolutely immature and down right stupid. Dig up history and you will find tribes only married among themselves. As world grew closer countries, religion, caste, language became the neo-tribes.
    Remember all of these countries, religion, caste, language, etc are man made. To me we are one race and it does not matter if people of different races marry.

Inter racial marriages having trouble due to cultural, racial, language differences is completely different thing.

41. Colebabie profile image60

Umm what do you mean by "finished"?? Marrying me, having a family with me, and then being with me forever?

1. profile image55

He'll keep you as his "prize" and won't let you go, but when he's tired of you, he'll cheat on you with someone of his own race.
      Good luck.

Sounds like someone used and abused you and it sounds like you deserved it.

Good luck with your racism.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
          Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh dear oh dear. Tell me you do not have a woman that is not the same color as you. And if you do - I guess you are just making the point. Oh well........

Women are not objects to be "had" you dim-witted, insecure, sexist fool.

Ah - so you do. And of course they are to be had. Same as we are. I have been "had" by any number. lol

2. profile image55

I'm not racist and I've been used, but not abused.

Yes you are. Of course. Yes you have.

1. profile image55

You know nothing of me. I've never been abused by a woman - ever.

Then you've never had a woman, because I don't know any self respecting woman who would put up with your BS.

1. profile image55

How about a woman who shares my views? Just because somebody doesn't approve of interracial relaationships, it doesn't make them a bad person. It just means they have preferences. I'm actually very courteous and friendly to all people, unless they give me a reason not to be.

It is the reason you disapprove of interracial relationships that I find extremely offensive (and just plain wrong)
                    And whats more doesnt make any sense, at all?
                    Explain then why you consider dating a mixed, colored,native is dating down? for example. Or that dating a white girl is 'dating up?
                    Do you consider white people more superior? if you do why?

Yes it does.

Ok, here's a reason not to be: You are a racist POS.

2. Sufidreamer profile image82
                Sufidreamerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I thought that you would have learned after your last experience. Your writing style gives you away.

Go straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

1. profile image55

I just joined this site, inspector Clousseau.

3. tksensei profile image60

Oh ho ho ho ho ho...no, you're not trying too hard to compensate for something are you? Not too obvious. LOL. Take that @#$^ up with your shrink and stop being an *&$@#%$.

1. profile image55

I will when you do, !@#$ %^&.

Oh geez. He's laughing right now, by the way. I'm too good in bed to cheat on, is his response. And he loves me, haha.

1. profile image55

Little full of yourself, are you? You shouldn't be. Talk about an unattractive trait ...

2. profile image55

Sounds like he's covering something up with all that BS talk!

3. Pete Maida profile image60
        Pete Maidaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wow and here I thought each person had their own mind and emotions.  I didn't know that white people were the only ones that could have honest relationships.  I didn't know that other races had one hive mind and none of them think for themselves.

Funny my oldest grandchild in going to be 11 in September and for some reason his parents are still together and yes he and his brother are mixed.

..Yet White is not a Race ,so that blows that theory ( Urias) huh hmm

4. Levertis Steele profile image75

Am I the only one who believes that hate-filled words, and other forms of racism, regardless of color, do not persuade people to comply. It adds fuel to the fire and makes them aggravate the hater by working hard to continue the behaviors. If you tell a man that he should keep his hands off that Asia woman, he is going to work overtime to have an Asian by Christmas. So, haters need to work on their persuasive techniques. Those 1969 ones are not effective. I really think that you are wasting energy either way it goes. All of these mixed relationships are consequences of mistakes made in the past. Its a pandemic. The haters are helping to make it happen and do not even know it.

42. Colebabie profile image60

I dunno, its just a term. My boyfriend "has" me every night. smile

I "have" a great boyfriend. Its a word.

I'm not his property, and he is not mine, I'm sure that isn't what Mark meant.

Not at all. wink

43. tksensei profile image60

Disrespectful, sexist turd.

Moi?

44. Colebabie profile image60

He said it, not me. And a girl can be confident without being full of herself. But apparently you don't think so.

1. profile image55

You soundy cocky, not confident.

45. Colebabie profile image60

So you say women should have respect for themselves, and have some self worth? But the second one does, you call her cocky? Someone has an issue with women being strong.

1. profile image55

No, I'm calling YOU cocky. You apparently have self worth and esteem issues.

No esteem issues here. I didn't mean to come off as cocky. You questioned the respect that I had for myself, so I stated some good qualities that I think about myself. As far as my boyfriend covering up for something, there is no reason to hide our relationship. But because he is a different race than me, you seem to think there is. Honestly, you're a man who believes women are inferior, you called "most" white women insecure if they date someone of another race. Obviously that respect and love you have for women needs fixing.

46. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Urias why are you so insecure?

1. profile image55

Not insecure at all. Are you? I love and respect women, just not all women.

Yep what I thought , insecure

1. profile image55

Very insightful.

47. profile image55

I stand by my view that White women who date outside their race are dating "down." This obviously means they have no respect for themselves.
    Interracial relationships are a weird kink for people where the non-white male gets to "have" a White woman and the woman gets to be dominated which helps her deal with her white guilt. She thinks she's helping society by submitting to the non-white male, when all she is doing is lowering herself. A non-white male can never truly love a White female, but they can love the fact that they obtained a White woman in the war against the White man. He doesn't love you, he has lust and anger for you. If you're happy with angry sex, more power to you.

So you also think that white women are superior to women of other races, so you're a racist.

Thinking a non-white male can never truly love a white female, so you don't know what love is.

You think that women feel guilty for being their race, so you have no respect for women.

You think that all non-white males hate white males and are plotting against them, so you are close minded and don't associate with people of other races than your own.

So, I pity you.

2. Sufidreamer profile image82
      Sufidreamerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Back already? That didn't take long.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image74

dating down
      white guilt
      wierd kink
      submitting to a non-white
      lust and anger

what the hell are you on?
      because it sure aint reality

1. profile image0

Not to mention:

Appeal to Fear
        Biased Sample
        Misleading Vividness
        Circumstantial Ad Hominem
        Poisoning the Well

...among others.  You oughta be VERY ashamed.

1. AEvans profile image73

Urias, What is your reason for being so against interracial relationships? I have read your opening discussion however I do detect some underlying anger about the situation. Philadelphia is a melting pot of people so what bothers you about it? Why do you feel women are trading down, when love does not see color? You never mentioned when men do it, there are plenty of white-men in interracial relationships, how do you feel about those? White-Asian, White-Black?

1. profile image55

I just don't like seeing White women lower themselves. It's not normal, most women want a child that looks similar to them. White women who pollute their gene pool probably have a certain amount of self hate.
            I had a date with a girl who was half Puerto Rican today.

YOU could use a good amount of self hate. You've certainly earned it.

1. profile image55

Explain further.

I mean you are a filthy racist and if you hated yourself it would be the first example of sound judgment you've shown to date.

throw more caca at him!

2. profile image55

And this bothers you, why?

You didn't answer the question regarding men. So I guess you think it is ok for you to date someone of another race, but for that woman it is not ok? I bet if she knew what you were spewing on this forum, there wouldn't be a second date.

There are many interracial couples that are successful, and have beautiful and healthy children. Just because you have a child with someone of a different race doesn't mean the child won't look similar. The first rule of genetics... spread the genes apart. Having a child with someone of another race is not "polluting" the gene pool.

1. profile image55

Yes, it is.

So you think inbreeding is a good, healthy idea, professor?

1. profile image55

Hasn't seemed to hurt the Japanese.

And what molecular biology degree do you have to support this? Don't talk about something you don't know about.

1. profile image55

But, I DO know, pumpkin.

3. AEvans profile image73

Interesting you had a date with a woman who was half puerto-rican so you are saying it is o.k. for a man but not for a woman? What if you married the woman and you decided to have children, wouldn't that mess with your gene pool to?

I already asked that AE. His response is that he would date or have sex with a woman of another race, but not marry or have kids with her. And I think he's gone now. smile

2. profile image55

When I have kids, it will be with a White woman.

good luck on your search, romeo. Sure you can find one that will degrade themselves?

1. profile image55

Obviously you care about my views. Why do my personal preferences bother you?

You ARE just a kid, playing around on the internet. I don't believe you've been near a real woman of any race ever. Keep up the attitude and you never will, junior.

1. profile image55

And you are just Japanese guy who looks down at Chinese and Laotians.

2. profile image55

It's reality, you just choose to ignore it.

48. profile image55

Don't pity me, pity yourself.
    I think White women who date outside their race, due in part, to White guilt and they want to show the world how "progressive" they are, when in fact, they are lowering themselves.
    Yes, I think White women, in general, are more desirable than women of other races.

1. profile image0

Again, you actually have valid points buried under all that surface whatever racist stuff you are trying to take on and present.  Much of this is actual anthropologically/sociologically sound--does NOT make it RIGHT. Class does have something to do with the mix, I would also say. 

And, sometimes it is not about guilt at all, lol, but plain old ordinary attraction.

(fyi, stop using that term 'axe to grind,' OK?  It is similar to 'chip on the shoulder,' and I just hate it.)

1. profile image55

If I use it again, do you promise to spank me? HaHaHa!

1. profile image0

Na.  Find a mixed race relationship that goes with your views.

1. profile image55

Thanks for changing the "an" to an "a."

1. profile image0

Why thanks?  Anal retentive English degree thing. 

Took a break though, I see.  Have fun...lol..I guess.

1. profile image55

Thanks! You have fun too!

49. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Rascism is like a poison and eats like cancer.
    Far worse than race,color or creed.
    White is not a race !
    Never has been , never will be

50. Dame Scribe profile image56

I am a Native American woman. I date outside of my own nationality, does that make me as bad or what? tongue who let this guy in? tongue lol

1. profile image55

Depends "what" you dated. You could have dated "up" or you could have dated "down."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)