jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

As A Parent, Would You Support Your Daughter To Change Her Maiden Name On Marria

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

As A Parent, Would You Support Your Daughter To Change Her Maiden Name On Marriage?

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

Support, encourage, or pressure? I feel all three in your question. Regardless, for a couple in USA, a woman can keep the maiden name, take the husband's name, hyphenate the names, her partner can take her maiden name or the hyphenated name, or both can select a different surname altogether and change to that legally if a court agrees.

Keeping a maiden name after marriage still bothers some other family members in the early 21st Century. However, I think that in some cultures, the woman has never changed to the husband's surname. I would like to find out how many people in USA are bothered by a lack of name change by others after a marriage.

3. profile image56
    SpaceAgeposted 7 years ago

traditionally, when women marry, they automatically take their husbands' last names

4. Dorothee-Gy profile image71
    Dorothee-Gyposted 7 years ago

I am married for the second time and both times, I kept my maiden name. I never really saw a reason to change my name, and I never regretted it.

5. MQT Morning Star profile image57
    MQT Morning Starposted 7 years ago

Yes, I would. I think this is Biblical and I live by the Bible...  She may want to put here Maiden name in the Middle.

working