jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to raise children as a single mom?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

How to raise children as a single mom?

2. profile image46
    silvercensus.composted 7 years ago

try your best to always be there. caregiving is so important!

3. TrinaLynne profile image82
    TrinaLynneposted 7 years ago

Be patient and loving. It's not an easy job but someone has to do it. Give your children as much of your time as you can while providing for them. Allow their joy to keep you positive.

This question is hard to answer because there are so many elements involved but the most important element is LOVE.

4. pippap profile image87
    pippapposted 7 years ago

Do the best that you can.  As one person, you are not going to be able to fill the lack of a father; but, you can reassure your children that you love them, are there for them, support them; and, are doing the best that you can.  Set the best example you are capable of for them.

My children went through school wearing clothes that I had either made myself or bought at the local thrift shop.  I included the girls in the decisions made such as:  "Would you like extra lace on the nightie I'm making for you?" or "Would you like this outfit better than that outfit?"  I tried to let them make as many decisions about as many things as possible; not, just their clothing.

For entertainment, we hit the free swim at the local pool a lot; we went to the park with a picnic lunch; we went hiking; and, mainly we spent a lot of time together.

However, I think the most important thing I did then and still do is that everytime we say good-bye whether in person or on the phone, the last thing we said to each other was "I love you."  If anything ever happened to either one of us, I wanted the last words we said and heard to be "I love you".

working