jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Are there any situations when I can treat a child as an equal ?

1. profile image47
    lorraineapamplinposted 7 years ago

Are there any situations when I can treat a child as an equal ?

2. micadeolu profile image47
    micadeoluposted 7 years ago

Yes.
    Whenever you want the child to have full understanding of the message you are trying to communicate. When you want him to know that you care and understand him.

3. WaffleCheese profile image49
    WaffleCheeseposted 7 years ago

When you both need to go to the bathroom you should both be allowed to go..

Seriously. I remember my teacher said I couldn't go to the bathroom yet but I had to hold it. wtf? If I could go back I'd pee in the corner.

1. profile image0
      ViolinByCourtneyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree. Children should never be prevented from using the restroom. When I was in kindergarten, there was one in the classroom. Then in first grade, I had to ask permission to go. I still don't get it.

4. Jeff Berndt profile image87
    Jeff Berndtposted 7 years ago

Of course there are.

If you're playing together, whether it's a structured game with rules or just playing with blocks or action figures or whatever, both your ideas/imaginations are equally valid.

If you want something that the child has, you can't just take it, just like if you want something I have, you can't just take it. You could offer to buy it, though.

If you're both learning something together, like say, you're taking violin lessons. You're both beginners, you're both learning, so you're both in the same boat.

5. puebloman profile image60
    pueblomanposted 7 years ago

Of course all the above answers are right. We live for a very brief period of time and then we are dead. We are responsible for trying to protect children so that they can become strong in a safe environment. We are not supposed to pretend that we are better than they are. We try to protect them with our very limited learning and life experience skills. They remind us what it is to be human. Your question is daft.

working