jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Heredity,environment or both are often blamed for situations. Which one can be b

1. aoiffe379 profile image56
    aoiffe379posted 8 years ago

Heredity,environment or both are often blamed for situations. Which one can be blamed for criminals?

In education and other areas,the heredity vs environmentdebate persists. When I think of thieves, liars, murderers, rapists, swindlers etc. I wonder if it is the result of the sins of the parents to the 3rd & 4th generation. I know of PKs- Preacher Kids and Policemen Kids who go afoul of the law. Some families have lived on the right side of the law for generations until one child spoils the spotless record by aberrations.Was this propensity for evil inherited and suppressed?.The Bible says to train a child... and he will not depart from it; but many do. What do you think?

2. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 8 years ago

It will always come down to the parents, did they commit themselves to a biblical guide line, or did they ignore the truths already established on how to train up a child in the way he should go, and sit in a pub drinking his "Guinness" and run off to mass thinking he was a good man. If you ignore God then dont cry when the Devil comes around,
    The bible is loaded with excellent advise, to begin with, at the start of a babies life. That's where it will begin. Spare the rod, and spoil the child.

3. omi saide profile image54
    omi saideposted 8 years ago

Holy books written hundreds of years ago can't tell you diddly about today's people although they suffer some of the same maladies. When you are born you are like a clean sheet of paper. And despite the grade of paper it is imprintable. What you are exposed to began the journal. "Show me your company, I will tell you who you are."

4. profile image0
    jomineposted 5 years ago

It is both, heredity and environment. Some 'criminality' is needed for survival. In some that instinct is overplayed genetically while in some it is the environment to blame.