jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best method for training a child? For my mom it was spanking...I liv

1. Dviews profile image60
    Dviewsposted 7 years ago

What is the best method for training a child? For my mom it was spanking...I lived smile

2. Drakenguard profile image60
    Drakenguardposted 7 years ago

Same with my parents, and I belive in it myself haha.

3. sroberts9 profile image81
    sroberts9posted 7 years ago

I have to agree that spanking is effective and the bible says we should spank the child and don't spare the rod while doing it.  Now, let say for the record, I'm no child abuser nor do I condone that type of thing.  Spanking works only for a little while a tap on the hand when a toddler to let him/her know that the fire is hot and do not touch it.  But, when they get older such as 7 or 8 and want to act out in the department store - then other measures must be taken - like a spanking on the bottom - while in the bathroom.  But when they get older 12 -15 years old other means of effective punishment is necessary - something that they can't live without - cell phone? - have it taken away or suspended for about two weeks and the negative behavior will stop.  I too got only two disciplines one from my Daddy and the other from my Mother.  I only needed these "TWO" and no more was required after that - and I didn't act up either any more. smile Thanks for the memory - smile I too lived to write about it. LOL

4. mommyneal6 profile image77
    mommyneal6posted 7 years ago

1, 2, 3, MAGIC! just google it. It's easy, it works, and it makes everybody happier. Happy parenting!

5. Monisajda profile image74
    Monisajdaposted 7 years ago

No spanking! I use words and patience. If my child gets in danger I remove her from the situation and explain the consequences. There are many books and hubs here on HP on the subject. Listening to your child's needs and trying to understand why they are acting the way they are are a key to success.

6. profile image0
    SilentSmile08posted 7 years ago

i was raised spankings  and time outs, if we act up in a store mom would warn us and if we were having tantrums she would leave the cart and take us home with a butt warmming.. ppl now adays are like *you bet your kids, thats not healthy or right. no whats not right ppl is when you allow your child to do what she or he wants acts like a fool in public, you need to be handling your kid. stickign with spanking and times outs thanks .

working