jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you believe that kids are growing up to quickly?

1. giselle2323 profile image60
    giselle2323posted 7 years ago

Do you believe that kids are growing up to quickly?

2. Family Fun Faith profile image60
    Family Fun Faithposted 7 years ago

Far too often kids are not allowed to just be kids, but are pressured to accomplish some artificial standard.

3. Dr. Wendy profile image67
    Dr. Wendyposted 7 years ago

I think in some ways they are.  They are exposed to a lot of things we weren't.  The media and performers aren't very good influences.  At the same time, I see so many kids who are given an abundance of stuff.  Cell phones, electronic games, etc... They have freetime and privileges, but little responsibility to go with it.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

no but i think many parents are trying to make them grow up faster. so many people these days have no right being parents. it's sickening to say the least.

5. PR Morgan profile image60
    PR Morganposted 7 years ago

I think it all depends on the kids and the parents.  Some kids are definitely growing up too fast but others not so much.  If a parent maintains the stability in the household and limits the boundaries a child can maintain their childhood.  The internet and TV has opened up a lot of info to kids, but I truly believe that doesn't always make a child grow up too fast.  As a parent we need to guide our kids around some of this information and explain the things they have questions about.

6. TinaTango profile image66
    TinaTangoposted 7 years ago

yes I believe so.  Kids these days are being exposed to more violence, crime, and results of bad parenting.  Just those simple facts alone cause them to grow up far too quickly.

7. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 7 years ago

It depends on what you mean by "growing up."  If you mean to ask if children are maturing too quickly, then no.  If you mean to ask if they're being asked to become aware of and understand more than they are capable about understanding about the world, then yes.  And yes, parents have a LOT to do with how quickly children "grow up."  In my very humble opinion, I think children should be allowed to be children.  That means that they should be allowed to enjoy the world and their place in it, they should feel loved and protected, and they should carry little responsibility other than to learn to become good and whole people.  This does NOT mean that they should be sheltered unnecessarily or lied to about what really happens in the world.  But let them be children while you're teaching them to be grown ups.  Otherwise, they miss out on a whole lot of joy in life.

8. Kwazzy profile image58
    Kwazzyposted 7 years ago

Most definitely, when I was 7, it was considered hard core if another kid used the word "Suck", but now I walk around hearing kids cussing worse than a sailor (I would know being one), that and kids as early as 12 having sex? Unbelievable.

9. cpvr profile image62
    cpvrposted 7 years ago

Its an iffy question - because it really depends on the parent, and if they're letting their kids do what they want.