jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How Do you Stay a ,"Cool Mom", And still Be a Good Mom..

1. tlouise11 profile image61
    tlouise11posted 6 years ago

How Do you Stay a ,"Cool Mom", And still Be a Good Mom..

Ok My Daughter and her friends think that I am such a cool Mom. I have a lot of fun and when her friends are around, I will play around and just make all of them laugh, and I Don't ever spank  her, I believe in just talking to her about the situation. we have a good relationship. So she don't get into trouble all that much. But she is still scared of me when she does something wrong.so every one thinks I am cool like that.

2. Dovay Lee profile image37
    Dovay Leeposted 6 years ago

You set a good example for me, I hope i can be as good as you in educating my daughter. She is small but naughty. You are a cool and good mother.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I think you can be a cool mom up to a certain point.  As long as the child knows you are the authority and respects that.  Just be sure that you are welcome with her friends and not overstepping in that way.  Sometimes moms have to be moms that let the kids be the kids.

4. profile image59
    rieomposted 6 years ago

In my opinion, you should be friendly with your daughters friends but limit the amount of time you spend with them.  This is your daughters time withher friends, not yours

5. 6hotfingers3 profile image59
    6hotfingers3posted 6 years ago

That is a very difficult question to answer. My daughter and I have a pretty good relationship. Its been that way most of her life. When she turned 11 years old she tried to push me out of her life but I refused to let that happen. I refused to lose her to the problems of growing up.

Suddenly at 11 years old, she did not like me asking her questions about anything. One day I looked her in the eye and said you will answer me when I ask you questions. I insisted that she answer me honestly whenever I asked about something. I firmly reminded her that I would not let her leave my presence until  her answers made sense. When she realized I meant business, she started telling me every thing about her life from that day forward.

After that, whenever her friends had problems, she sent them to me for advice. I guess that made me cool. She is now a mother at age 40. We still have a pretty good relationship. I was not trying to be cool. I was trying not to lose my daughter through non communication and secrets.

6. sylvia13 profile image71
    sylvia13posted 6 years ago

By having lots and lots of patience, much imagination and some sense of humor. I have a daughter, who is now studying in the university and a son, who is clever, but he is still having problems finishing high school, so I am concentrating on him at the moment.

7. profile image52
    pinapple123posted 4 years ago

so what you are saying is. Everyone thinks you're cool and your daughter doesn't? and why is she scared of you if you don't spank her? this is new to me. Honestly.

working