jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Your kids are all grown. Looking back at raising them, what would you do differ

1. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

Your kids are all grown.  Looking back at raising them, what would you do differently?

2. NewLifeOnRoad profile image58
    NewLifeOnRoadposted 7 years ago

Spend More quality time loving them smile I have five boys, and work in and around my family as a full time Blogger. If I had my time over when they were very small I would have learnt what I now know about Internet Marketing so that I could have spent more quality one on one time with them - instead of working in the work force. They grow so quickly and are grown up before you know it - I so wish that I taken the advice of other Mums and the nurses in hospital when they were born.
    "Sleep when baby sleeps"
    "Take lots of photos and have lots of cuddles" because they are so small one minute and big teenagers the next!
    Great question @duffsmom - thanks for asking smile
    Cheers
    Lisa

3. Jarn profile image83
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Use a better condom and keep 20+ years of my sanity and income.

4. anabrea profile image60
    anabreaposted 7 years ago

I think I would be more consisten with expectations and teach them discipline so that they would have more self discipline in the future. I think they are on a good path, but this may have given them an advantage.

5. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Sat in the floor with them more.........said no, more often to overtime, strived more for time spent together and focused less on the task being done "right"..........

Greater importance would be given to the school awards, school plays, lost teeth.........I would have celebrated more the passing of their childhoods.

Through their growing struggles, and teens, I would have reflected far more on my painful childhood rather than burying it, so I could have had more empathy and compassion.

If I could do ONE thing differently, I would slow down their childhood.  It passes far too quickly.

The one thing that I did get right, I told them often, that it was a joy to be their mother.......this thing, I did do.

working