jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you have any parenting regrets?

1. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

Do you have any parenting regrets?

2. lisadanielle profile image60
    lisadanielleposted 7 years ago

Only one..I have a temper and it took awhile before I was able to control it, but my 13 yr old has saw both side of his mother and he knows getting upset doesn't help.

I believe that is how he is controlling his temper, because he is longer getting into fights and talking problems out.

3. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

I think that any parent should. I was in my early twenties when my first daughter was born. I think I was nieve about what it would take to be a parent and too selfish to make the necessary sacrifices to be a good father.

4. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Of course I do, now that my children are grown and responsible for themselves.   

Did I prepare them properly?  Did I teach them enough?  Did I do enough to teach them how to face life without me?  Did I?

I am so  very sorry, that I was counting  retail inventory on the night that 2 of my daughters brought home a  total of 13 school awards.  I so wish that I could redo that single night.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

onegoodwoman, I had a similar situation.  My husband and I were tired the night of the awards ceremony.  My daughter insisted we didn't need to go.  She came home with an award for "most inspirational" player (runner?) in track and a couple of other awards and I felt like a complete a$$.  If could do that night over, I would in a heartbeat.

working