jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do People prefer Visual learning or text learning?

1. napzanata profile image60
    napzanataposted 7 years ago

What do People prefer Visual learning or text learning?

I want to know the best way of learning. Which would be better visual learning or learning through text.

2. Charlotte B Plum profile image77
    Charlotte B Plumposted 7 years ago

It really depends on the individual and their learning style.

There are some people who learn visually, and some who learn auditorily, and others kinesthetically. It really depends on your preference.

There is another school of thought by Howard Gardner regarding multiple intelligences which a lot of educators are trying to incorporate in schools.

Since you give two options in your question, I'd say visual learning is more the norm than text learning, although using a variety and combination of methods is definitely much better smile

3. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 7 years ago

I learn better with seeing and hearing then reading. It's hard for me to really get into reading something if it is too long. I tend to zone out and forget what I just read. Despite the fact that I love writing, sometimes I even get lazy in proof reading my own stuff!
    :p

4. Daffy Duck profile image59
    Daffy Duckposted 7 years ago

That depends on the person, but the average person prefers visual because we tend to learn faster when pictures are associated with words.

5. MrsHernandez profile image60
    MrsHernandezposted 6 years ago

Visual learning is the best i think, bcuz no matter how much i read or if i don't see it done or practice it then i feel like i don't know any thing!

working