As a child, do you respect your parents ? Do you support their live ?

1. Abhaque Supanjang profile image79
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 6 years ago

As a child, do you respect your parents ? Do you support their live ?

Whether or not, your parents get such pension for their old time, are you still willing to give them some parts of your regular income to them ?

2. K. Burns Darling profile image83
    K. Burns Darlingposted 6 years ago

I have two thoughts on this question, The first is that, when IU was a teenager and had a job, I gave half of my paycheck to the house, just as my father before me had done with his family.(What I didn't know at the time, is that my dad was banking that money, and when I was ready to go to college, I had an extra little nest egg) I plan to do the same with my teenage children, it is a good thing for them to feel as though they are contributing to the family. The other is this, My mother passed away when I was 11, and my dad put his life on virtual hold to raise my sister and I, not even dating until my younger sister had graduated from high school. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 2007, and my husband and I moved our family back to our hometown and into the house I grew up in to care for him so he could remain in his home.  Even though my father gets a pension, I didn't feel that it was right to move back in with him, (even though it is for his benefit) and have him foot the bill. My husband and I have essentially taken over all of the household bills, and we buy all of the groceries, and to as much extent as possible we pay for household repairs etc. My dad contributes when it is necessary, but I feel that he is my responsibility now, just as I was his for all of those years.