jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you really feel money can buy everything?

1. ershruti304 profile image61
    ershruti304posted 6 years ago

Do you really feel money can buy everything?

We spent almost our entire life in earning money and make innumerable big as well small sacrifice for earning it. Do you feel that when we earn hell lot of it those lost moments can be compensated?

2. ershruti304 profile image61
    ershruti304posted 6 years ago

As per me I really don't feel so. I strongly believe live today and enjoy every moment of life. earn to your needs not your greeds.

3. Zubair Ahmed profile image78
    Zubair Ahmedposted 6 years ago

It depends on the lost moments - I for one gave up a six figure salary to spend time with my kids and family.  Now I do a simple 9-5 job, work from home most days of the week.

If money was able to buy back the time that I would have lost watching my kids grow-up then I would not have sacrificed my other job for a low paid job. 

On the other hand if I was going to miss that weekend out with some mates for extra pay for working weekends then I may consider it as a positive thing.

4. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

No amount of money can buy back a lost yesterday...........

So what if you made a gazillion dollars, if you missed your child's first step, first ball game, first dance, or your spouse's cancer exam..............you missed it.

Sometimes, you really, can't  help missing some events, but NO money will buy that chance back.

The paychecks will be spent...........and so will the time.

You missed it........that is what your family will remember.

5. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

Money follows character no matter what that person's character is producing in their life on the earth. Character does not follow money but the way an human being life should be lived on the earth whether in either way yes or no that the money comes in an abundance to them as it is only a medium exchange to meet our needs of shelter, food, and clothing along with the others things that we will like to experience in our life on the earth before we die and crossover to the other side of death.

6. Cathy I profile image75
    Cathy Iposted 6 years ago

No it can't.  it can't buy life or health...if it could celebrities and rich people would never get sick or die or commit suicide.

If money could buy everything, would Charlie Sheen's career on Two and a Half Men have ended that way????.......would his life have spiralled downwards like it did.   He had the money...highest paid actor on TV, but it couldn't buy him happiness.

7. jacqui2011 profile image84
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

Money can't buy love, happiness or health. It can make things comfortable. I wouldn't swap what I have now. I too gave up a well paid job to be at home with my kids. I do miss the money, but I would rather have some time with them as they grow up. When they are in bed, I try and do a bit of on-line work which I am hoping to build up.

8. shiloh01 profile image55
    shiloh01posted 6 years ago

no in no ways..I don't agree with the statement however I complety agree that to get so many things in this world we are dependent on money,but all those things are material and buying emotions or love can't be done via money. Here the statement fails