jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

As a parent, do you find yourself disliking things you used to love?

1. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

As a parent, do you find yourself disliking things you used to love?

Two things come to mind, Christmas, and Camping. I loved both as a child, but as a parent I don't enjoy them due to the amount of work involved.

2. Alexa Poesia profile image70
    Alexa Poesiaposted 6 years ago

I used to love to swim in a lake as a child, now I cannot even think about it. I believe alot of the disliking is because of the knowledge we gain as we get older, as a child u are fearless on some aspects.

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

Yep, I could think of a few things. One that comes to mind at the moment is mini-golf (it's a nice evening and I'd like to go!). By the time I pack the diaper bag, get the kids ready, chase the toddler all over...not worth it just yet. I could always hire a sitter, but that too takes time and much preparation...

4. Gary Rowell profile image59
    Gary Rowellposted 6 years ago

I agree with you mcrawford76, You never realize how much effort, money, and planning your parents put into you having fun. I do however try to do it anyway for my own kids. It's for them, just like it was for us.

5. carlmueller profile image39
    carlmuellerposted 6 years ago

For me, I tend to notice things my little ones like and I enjoy watching them enjoy the things that I used to love. When you have kids, you realize that sometimes little things make them happier than you can imagine and it's so much fun seeing how they react.

6. loneparentgiggles profile image61
    loneparentgigglesposted 6 years ago

I hate travelling... It's a nightmare.

I hate sleeping because I get woken up all the time.

Since I had my son I find I really hate Tea... I used to love that stuff, the kettle was never cold, but now... Can't stomach it.