jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is it a sad or joyous day when your last child at home moves out of the house?

1. LVidoni5 profile image80
    LVidoni5posted 6 years ago

Is it a sad or joyous day when your last child at home moves out of the house?

2. chanroth profile image73
    chanrothposted 6 years ago

I don't have a child of my own, but I can talk about my sister. Is that okay? The last time I moved...I take my young sister to live with me...she's 8 turning 9. She cried because she missed the swimming pool. Our old house have a swimming pool, but I moved out because tired of cleaning the pool and move to a different home with less responsibility like cleaning the pool. It took her about a month to get over it. Sometime she complain to me...and say I'm mean. As being one of the eldest in the family, its really hard sitting down watching my little sister complain, so I would make a small play house for her. now she complain its too small. So, I believe she hate this house. lol

3. Ebower profile image83
    Ebowerposted 6 years ago

I think it will be a happy day for my parents, because we have been in and out of their house due to the economy.  We will all be excited because that means all of us will finally be settled!

4. Phil Plasma profile image76
    Phil Plasmaposted 6 years ago

I don't think it is as clear cut as that.  It is bittersweet in that the house is now a quiet and the parents are free to do as they please when they please without having to take into consideration any of their children in the house, and it is also a quiet house with no extra person to help break up the silence.

5. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

For me, it was the saddest of occassions..............

Years later, I wrote a hub about the empty nest.

It was heartwrenching....................when my youngest babe left me............I thought that I was without purpose.

I was wrong............you are invited to read the hub.

6. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

It's a freaking party night baby!  They've grown, they're moving out and exploring becoming independant.  I would want them to survive when I'm not there.

7. labradorremovals1 profile image58
    labradorremovals1posted 5 years ago

Parents feels both if there child left their home but in order for them to grow they must leave in order to be independent!