How do you feel about kids and authorities now days? Do you think they have resp

1. TKLMommy profile image60
    TKLMommyposted 6 years ago

How do you feel about kids and authorities now days? Do you think they have respect for them or not?

Comparing kids from before to now, do you think they have maintained the respect for adults? I think they have not, many kids now days don't have any respect for authority, they think they know everything and does not care whether you are a peer or an adult, they treat them the same.

2. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I find that the majority of children and teens have very little respect for authority these days. Of course, I didn't either when I was a kid and I maintain that philosophy to this day. Being in a position of authority does not make someone inherently respectable. Who are they supposed to respect? Parents: if your kids don't respect you, that's your own fault. Police: they are constantly being caught brutalizing citizens and engaging in corruption. Politicians: this one is too easy. I wouldn't expect my kids to respect someone just because they are older or in an authority position. I'm not raising sheep.

working