jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Ladies, whats the best way for me to lose my baby weight?

1. summerclark7387 profile image85
    summerclark7387posted 6 years ago

Ladies, whats the best way for me to lose my baby weight?

My daughter is 8 weeks now, and we've gotten into somewhat of a routine, but it's time for me to get serious, and get back into shape.

2. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

After having twins I found that the best way was pushing the stroller and power walking at least once a day for an hour.

3. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 6 years ago

First -- pace yourself.  You alone know your body, if it signals potential damage - slow yourself! 
    Avoid white starches and choose whole grains.
    Drink a lot of water -- lemon water is effective at flushing toxins, which retain fluids.
    Take your baby for strolls in the cool of the morning or day -- or go "mall walking".

Be sure not to be hard on yourself.  Setting achievable goals can be healthy and often prove helpful -- while setting tough goals often are discouraging when you don't lose 2 pounds a week. A weekly loss of half a pound to a pound after your initial "water weight" is lost is attainable and achievable without too much stress on your body or schedule.

Keep us posted on your venture! 
    Warmest regards~

4. ThePracticalMommy profile image94
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

Congratulations! When my daughter was about that old, I began doing Weight Watchers again (on my own) and using EA Active Sports 2 to exercise. She was a winter baby, so it was nice to be able to exercise from the comfort of my own home without having to take her outside. In four months I lost nearly 30 lbs. (I wrote two hubs about it all if you're interested..)
    Lots of luck!

5. Truckstop Sally profile image60
    Truckstop Sallyposted 6 years ago

I agree with the other answers.  Also, if you are breast-fooding, talk to your doctor too.  No crazy diets!  Enjoy your baby!

6. summerclark7387 profile image85
    summerclark7387posted 6 years ago

Thanks for all the good advice ladies!  Lets see if I can drag myself away from my hubs long enough to get started! smile

7. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 6 years ago

Dont do anything drastic, especially if your are breast feeding.  That along should help you lose the weight.  Like Just Ask Susan says, put your baby in the stroller and hit the road regularly for 30 minutes.  That will start things moving. Limit the starch carbs and sugar, concentrating on vegetables, fruits and lean proteins, eggs, beans, nuts and dairy. You can do it!

8. Beingbbw profile image58
    Beingbbwposted 6 years ago

you know your body better, the slower you tend to lose the weight, the longer it stays off. I went on slimming world diet and joined a ladies only weight management called Curves and within 10months, i've lost 1stone so far. consistent healthy eating pattern and reasonable exercise is what does it.

best of luck and enjoy your little one.

working