jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think that the name you were given at birth suits your personality?

1. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Do you think that the name you were given at birth suits your personality?

On the whole I think my first name probably suits me ok. But I have a friend who hated her first name - especially when younger, and would have done anything to change it.

2. K. Burns Darling profile image83
    K. Burns Darlingposted 6 years ago

It definitely suits me more than the name that my mother was originally considering.  My name at birth was Kristen Diane Burns, (thanks to my Great-Grandfather's intervention), but my mother was considering either April Melody, or Melody April, either of which would NOT have matched my personality in the least.  As a side note; I have three children who I believe that I have done a wonderful job in matching their names to their personalities, but it brings up the question of whether our given names suit us, or if as we grow, we begin to suit our names?  Something to think about...

3. mythicalstorm273 profile image79
    mythicalstorm273posted 6 years ago

When I was younger I hated my name!! I always liked the name Sarah and dreamed about the day I could change my name.  I especially hate all the references... Crystal is a name easily made fun of.  Still as I got older I got used to it and I even have to admit it is a pretty name.  I just hate when people say stuff like... Crystal light, or crystal clear, or clear as crystal, or etc etc... I especially hate when they become my nickname.  One person used to call me Crystal Meth because I was a little crazy.  I mean yes it was supposed to be an affectionate name, but it bothered me to no end! Even with the bad references I have grown to like my name.  It does match me to a certain extent and I probably wouldn't change it no matter what situation occurred now.  Just don't call me Crystal Meth!! lol.

4. Sunshine625 profile image94
    Sunshine625posted 6 years ago

Linda Sue ... I adore my name! I'm thankful for my parent's choice. They did great naming all six of their children. I also like my nickname Sunshine! Fun question! smile

5. Dawn Conklin profile image59
    Dawn Conklinposted 6 years ago

I like my name but I am not sure I can say it suits me.  Figure my first name is Dawn and I get up early but not because I want to-the kids would miss the bus if I didn't- and washing dishes is not my favorite chore either.  I guess it doesn't suit my personality if I put it into perspective-I don't like getting up at Dawn and I don't really like dishes so the Dawn detergent is not my thing either-though they claim I get grease off of dishes smile  It is my name and I am happy with it tho.  I had friends in high school who wished they had a different name.

6. sir_tallest profile image66
    sir_tallestposted 6 years ago

mine suits me just fine....my native name means thank God and God sent.....i may not be a pastor but i am not so bad a person so i love my name very much

7. Slightly Bonkers profile image57
    Slightly Bonkersposted 6 years ago

I am perfectly fine with mine. However I think young parents these days should think a bit more careful when naming their kids: apple, mowgli etc
    They will be bullied for live. Now it might sound cool and all because they are famous but fame might fade away, you have to attend "normal" schools and will be bullied by "normal" people smile

working