jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever considered adoption as a way to build your family?

1. helmutbiscut profile image75
    helmutbiscutposted 6 years ago

Have you ever considered adoption as a way to build your family?

If you have, but haven't yet adopted, what has kept you from starting the process?

2. romari profile image59
    romariposted 6 years ago

it might probably be the way to build your family..but this is only good for couple who can't bear a child...but if the couple is able to have a child, they may not adopt another kid.because that might lead to some problems in the future.

3. thebookmom profile image75
    thebookmomposted 6 years ago

We would love to adopt a child.  I really would like to adopt a sibling set.  I know it can be a crazy emotional, intense process and that after it's final there is much work to be done, but I thin it is a beautiful idea!

4. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

My eldest child is an adopted child.   I had no reason to believe I couldn't have any more children.  (In fact, I had two more.)   My thinking at the time (when I started the adoption) was that I'd be having a family anyway.  There was a baby boy who would need a mother, and I thought being that child's mother (and aiming to make sure he had a nice childhood and lots of love) would be good for him, and nice for me and his father.  If the opportunity had been there to adopt another infant after my youngest child was a few years old, I'd have had done it.  I'd adopt an infant tomorrow if I wasn't at an age where it wouldn't be fair to the child.

5. Jyoti Patil profile image67
    Jyoti Patilposted 6 years ago

Yes very much!!! I have plans to adopt a baby once I see the right time coming. I would have a biological child. If its a boy, I'll adopt a girl and if it's a girl, i'll still adopt a girl. Yes I will adopt a girl child.