jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do people let drugs come between them and there family, there own morals and

1. kevins blog52 profile image79
    kevins blog52posted 6 years ago

Why do people let drugs come between them and there family, there own morals and standards.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5913523_f260.jpg

2. Virtual Treasures profile image56
    Virtual Treasuresposted 6 years ago

Because addiction is so very powerful.  It strikes our chemical makeup and affects our pleasure receptors to the point that we constantly seek that feeling.  If we aren't strong enough to realize and accept the "feel good" we get that is built-in to our environment, i.e. family and friends, and accept that reality is imperfect and we will not always "feel good", it is much easier to turn to drugs and not care about the things in our lives that are truly important.  Addiction cycles are very difficult to break.  It takes a very strong willed individual who is willing to accept that they have made a mistake, and almost always, they will have to be able to reach out to others for help.

3. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

for some it's drugs, for others it's alcohol or business or religion or marriage or money or ..... well i'm guessing that you get the point.

4. Pollyannalana profile image86
    Pollyannalanaposted 6 years ago

It is purely addiction, much like possession. I knew a woman who loved her children but even got her son into drugs and would have her daughter if she could have. She got hooked at sixteen and it was the only thing in life she lived for. She almost lost an eye from pressure these drugs were causing and wouldn't quit and when her husband wanted to go for counseling so he could get off the drugs she just flatly refused. Almost all her friends kept her fed with them. She conned me for money more than once until I got her number and knew what she was up to.

working