jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

As a parent, what's one thing you would go back and redo with your kids?

1. lmarsh1203 profile image59
    lmarsh1203posted 6 years ago

As a parent, what's one thing you would go back and redo with your kids?

2. jeyaramd profile image74
    jeyaramdposted 6 years ago

I would teach them more life lessons. Read more books to them. Have thair minds challenged a bit more. I would show more love, but I will do so in a way that allows them to inow the meaning of love, while balancing that with the proper amount of discipline. Its a delicare balance of loving them while allowing them to grow as individuals who can handle their own battles one day. We teach them to be independent. Great question.

3. mikicagle profile image90
    mikicagleposted 6 years ago

I thought I was doing the right thing when I immediately took care of my kids problems for them when they were young and even in high school.  What I was actually doing was preventing them from developing their own problem solving skills.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I enjoyed parenting and there isn't much I would do differently except maybe not be so over protective.  I lost my parents as a kid and I was deathly afraid something would happen to my daughters.  Now that they are grown and happy in their own families, it is easy to say - I should not have been so overprotective - but it was hard in this world not to worry about them getting hurt at the time.

5. johnwindbell profile image76
    johnwindbellposted 6 years ago

I would have done a better job in choosing their Mother. Love is blind and such a detriment. One needs to have more of an objective view of their spouse before saying 'I do" ! ...... before it's too late. And nothing reminds me more of my mistake than when my child starts to act like the person I wished I had passed over for another. Oh well, life's lessons R O C K  !  ....and I'm still smiling.

6. maxravi profile image54
    maxraviposted 6 years ago

Take kid on my shoulder and roan everywhere.Just keep playing with him/her all the time.

7. Hezmyjoy profile image60
    Hezmyjoyposted 6 years ago

Honestly, I just spoke to them a few weeks ago. I remember telling them all I could tell them leaving no stone unturned. I was so pleased when they got of age and made some pretty cool decisions for the betterment of their lives that I know I couldn't have done at that age. I actually took a sigh of relief thinking I did all I could do and for the most part, it turned out well. Then one of the 27 year old twins said to me that I was so negative about women when I was explaining to them about relationships. My mouth gaped open. His twin agreed. They started commenting on  all of the antidotes and analogies that I said to them when they were younger. I really don't know how they misconstrued it as me not being positive about women? I don't know what I did and to answer this question, I wouldn't know I would have done differently.

8. smzclark profile image59
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

I would redo nothing with my child, our time so far has been perfect :-) ! Even though her dad isn't the one I would choose for her now, without him, she wouldn't be who she is and who she is so i wouldn't even change that...

9. ShootersCenter profile image73
    ShootersCenterposted 6 years ago

I one thing I've said many times is that we should have eaten dinner at the table together every night, not in front of the TV, or off running kids around. It would help communicate better and get a better feeling as to what your kids are going thru. We do have a great relationship anyway, we talk daily, keep our grandkids every other weekend, still have big Sunday meals with everyone but there's always things that you can do different.