jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Snow snow and more snow!!!! No power and cant go anywhere. What do you do?

1. RANDOMTHTS4ALL profile image77
    RANDOMTHTS4ALLposted 6 years ago

Snow snow and more snow!!!! No power and cant go anywhere. What do you do?

It has been snowing,raining and ice raining for over a week now. The fallen trees have taken out power lines everywhere. We havn't had power for 3 days. Thank goodness for wood heat and a generator. However, money is tight and the driveway is a mess so we can't go anywhere. My family and I have cabin fever bad. Any suggestions on how to not go crazy?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6064224_f260.jpg

2. terrektwo profile image83
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

Buy a generator and a pair of snowshoes.

3. somethgblue profile image86
    somethgblueposted 6 years ago

And how exactly is your computer running? I could of swore that it uses electricity?
    I would light some candles or go outside and shovel the roof so it doesn't collapse, maybe make a snowman, help a neighbor, play cards, or have a scrabble marathon.

ooops I see a generator, well write some hubs on cabin fever!

4. RANDOMTHTS4ALL profile image77
    RANDOMTHTS4ALLposted 6 years ago

Yeah we cant use the generator for too much longer. We have to conserve gas. Thanks for the suggestions.

5. wytegarillaz profile image77
    wytegarillazposted 6 years ago

I would have a game of rumicub or cards , get plenty of photos of the snow  & write a hub about being trapped in the snow !

6. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Oh, it's a hard life.  Do what people did before the electronic games, and everything being laid out on a plate came along, make your own entertainment, read a book, build a snowman, do some real cooking, write a story.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Read a good book that you have put off reading.  Or write one.  There isn't much you can do unless you want to tackle that huge driveway with a shovel.  ICK.

8. ShootersCenter profile image74
    ShootersCenterposted 6 years ago

We were in the same situation before for ten days. The generator helps pass some time but it does get really boring. We played board games, cards, cleaned and organized things around the house, worked a little at a time clearing our driveway. Good Luck!

9. CloudExplorer profile image79
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

Prior to any major snow storm you must think, proactively, and have plenty of fire wood available lighter fluid, and a vast array of miscellaneous things to keep warm.   This hub is info and tips to help those in a tough situation due to severe winter weather. read more

10. Poethepoet profile image79
    Poethepoetposted 6 years ago

Just enjoy life to it up-most in  it's simplest form, the way it was meant to be. I would love it!

working